Recently retired newbies David & Sheila (1 Viewer)

David Humphreys

Free Member
Apr 26, 2016
Caerphilly, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Compact Motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone. My wife and I are recently retired and have decided to take the plunge and are in the process of buying a Romahome Duo motorhome. We have always taken the car on day-trips and also stayed at B&Bs but we thought we would give the motorhome a try and only time will tell if we like it. Any help and information would be appreciated. We would probably prefer staying at small, quiet sites rather than larger sites with lots of facilities. At the moment it all seems a little daunting so any help and information would be appreciated. We live in South Wales.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! The Romahome has some enthusiastic owners but it is very compact. You can probably buy something a little larger for about the same money which will have for example a proper toilet and shower. This will be a lot more comfortable, especially if you go over to France and explore the excellent aires network, Many of which are free or perhaps just a couple of euros for water.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: David, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Hi and welcome!
DBK is right. You might appreciate something a bit larger like a van conversion - lots available - so you can broaden your horizons and even venture across to France and beyond. Then you will really appreciate motorhoming in places that like motorhomes instead of hating motorhomers as they do here!!
Mike and Annie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back