Recent Posts and New Posts Explained.

Discussion in 'Website Help' started by Jim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Recent Posts and New Posts Explained.

If you have been away from the forum, clicking on New Posts will show you every new post made since your last visit. If you read or post in any of those threads, the threads ceases to be 'new' to you and will disappear from the new posts view. This is a great way of ensuring that you miss nothing while you have been away. Just keep clicking through until the new posts is empty or only full of threads you are not interested in.

Recent Posts show you the latest posts from every forum, whether you have read them before or not.

recent.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

• (y)
    • Getting better! - easier !
    Do we need both 'alerts' and emails when a thread is replied to?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. chaser

chaser Funster

Thanks for 'recent posts' like it better now and it really does work better on my phone, can read it all now without moving it about, a nice blue background like the old one would be good.
    Thanks

4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I would prefer it if they could be ordered into MH and non-MH related.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I didn't get emails for replies to threads before the change and still don't you must have a setting set different to mine, I do get them for (conversation) PM's but always did

I am finding my way round better now, the 'recent threads' has really helped me

6. Whatton

Whatton Read Only Funster

Is that the final layout or will Motorhome Related topics make a return at some point? :)

Edit: Just seen Jims reply that answers this in another thread:-

I will try and format the recent posts to reflect the old forum sections but what I built yesterday didn't work too well as there was a delay in the posts appearing. We'll get there but it takes time and experimentation as we get to grips with the new software.. Thanks for your patience.:)(y)

7. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

They don't appear to be in time order. If I click on New Posts they are in time order (latest at top) but then if I go to Recent posts that is in time order, then back to New Posts and there is no time order at all. Surely both recent and new should be in time order all the time?

8. Jim

Jim Ringleader

They are both in time order, most recent responses at the top. But in new posts if you've read a post it disappears from that view so can be a little confusing. Only use new posts if you have been away from the forum for quite a few hours, that way you won't miss anything as you work your way through them. My 'home page is Recent Posts' so I rarely miss a post, not that I read them all but I see them.

9. gasman2008

gasman2008 Read Only Funster

We are (most of us) of an age and don't like change. I would advise everyone to give it time to become familiar. It is not the format that make this the best motorhome forum, it is the forum members. In a month we will all wonder what the fuss was about.(y)

• Like Like x 2