Receiving mail/post whilst traveling? (1 Viewer)

K

k1tty

Deleted User
When you're travelling how do you get your mail? Is there anything royal mail can do or will I need someone to paw through my stuff and send it on to me somewhere I am going? What kind of places would be ok with receiving my mail and then have me turn up and get it? Or am I just going to have to live without the piles of bills!

I will miss them you know, waking up to a beautiful view just wont be the same as waking up to a pile of bills! :Eeek:

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
If you can get someone to look through it, they could send it to the post office nearest to where you are, using Poste Restante:

Link Removed

"If you're travelling but want to stay in touch, you can take your letterbox with you. People can address mail to you and send it to any UK Post Office™ * and some main post offices in larger towns abroad. You can use the service for up to three months in any one UK town for any letters."

ETA: Doh! Just realised this is the Continental Touring forum. Not sure whether they can send abroad, sorry!

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
The very simple answer to everything to do with mail is "The Internet"

We cover everything financially by internet banking - and on the very rare occasion that we need 'hard copy' we get it addressed to the site and sent by 'special delivery' guaranteed to arrive by midday the next day.

We speak by email or text or telephone to all of our family and friends.

We run a business almost totally over the internet from wherever we are parked and we make full use of the local Post Office for sending out our business parcels - although we could even get away from that to a certain extent if we opted to print our own stamps etc (perfectly permitted nowadays by the Post office).

We have been full-timing for a full five years now and never once have we come across a problem with mail access - you just have to plan a little further ahead than most normal people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
We go abroad for up to six months at a time and as Mo&Dick recommend have everything available on-line.

However, to cover all bases what mail is received we have diverted to a relative who we check in with on a regular basis. That's the theory.

However, and here's the warning: The Royal Mail's Diversion Service, at least in our experience, is hopeless. We have just arrived back after three months to find there was more mail in our mail box than had been diverted:Eeek:

This happens every year. Complain - yes, but they are immune to it and just send a computer-generated apology and the watchdog is as good as a chocolate teapot.

Makes me mad:Angry:

:Smile:
Keith

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
You could try this company Welcome to The Simple Mailbox

I contacted them and were informed that you would have a 'proper' address that would look something like this:

MICK PODMORE
THE MERIDIAN (This is required as it identifies our clients to the delivery services for incoming mail)
4 COPTHALL HOUSE
STATION SQUARE
COVENTRY
CV1 2FL
UNITED KINGDOM

OP
OP
K

k1tty

Deleted User
That's great I will look into all this, the only problem I have with it is my mum is the only realiable person I know, she's also very judgemental so might be more trouble than it's worth! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back