Reccomended night stopover in stratford/warwick areas (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi.

Travelling down to Dover on saturday pm for sunday ferry. We can either go M6/M1 or M40. Does anyone have any good reccomendations for a stop over in the warwickshire area, happy with wild or pub or campsite, going to arrive and leave at civilised times but would like a bit of flexibility so dont really want to book anything.

Thanks

jon

BGB

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
GAINSBOROUGH
Funster No
MH
PANEL VAN CONVERSION
Exp
SINCE AUGUST 2015
we visited Stratford and parkd in the back of the leisure center....it says a weight limit but when i phoned the parking attendant ....number on the parking meter board....he said its ok at the back of the carpark.....dont know about overnighting though...

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
You can park overnight for £2 at Stratford Leisure Centre but sometimes full so best to have a back up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Hi.

Travelling down to Dover on saturday pm for sunday ferry. We can either go M6/M1 or M40. Does anyone have any good reccomendations for a stop over in the warwickshire area, happy with wild or pub or campsite, going to arrive and leave at civilised times but would like a bit of flexibility so dont really want to book anything.

Thanks

jon

We sometimes break the journey from Oswestry at the CC site at Wythall. It's just a few minutes off the M42 and I can easily get there after work. It means you've got Birmingham out of the way before heading down the M40 towards Dover. I'll be interested to see other suggestions though as we'll be looking for something similar in a few weeks.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We sometimes break the journey from Oswestry at the CC site at Wythall. It's just a few minutes off the M42 and I can easily get there after work. It means you've got Birmingham out of the way before heading down the M40 towards Dover. I'll be interested to see other suggestions though as we'll be looking for something similar in a few weeks.

Thanks but not CC members and dont really want to book before we know when we can leave.

Any ideas on the chances of getting a one night stay this saturday which also is bank holiday?
Jon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back