Reccomended night stopover in stratford/warwick areas

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by jonegood, Aug 24, 2016.

1. jonegood

jonegood Funster

Hi.

Travelling down to Dover on saturday pm for sunday ferry. We can either go M6/M1 or M40. Does anyone have any good reccomendations for a stop over in the warwickshire area, happy with wild or pub or campsite, going to arrive and leave at civilised times but would like a bit of flexibility so dont really want to book anything.

Thanks

jon

2. BGB

BGB Funster

we visited Stratford and parkd in the back of the leisure center....it says a weight limit but when i phoned the parking attendant ....number on the parking meter board....he said its ok at the back of the carpark.....dont know about overnighting though...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wombles

Wombles Funster

You can park overnight for £2 at Stratford Leisure Centre but sometimes full so best to have a back up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Muddibootz

Muddibootz Funster

We sometimes break the journey from Oswestry at the CC site at Wythall. It's just a few minutes off the M42 and I can easily get there after work. It means you've got Birmingham out of the way before heading down the M40 towards Dover. I'll be interested to see other suggestions though as we'll be looking for something similar in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jonegood

jonegood Funster

Thanks but not CC members and dont really want to book before we know when we can leave.

Any ideas on the chances of getting a one night stay this saturday which also is bank holiday?
    Jon