recall on new vans

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Judge Mental, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Clarky

Clarky Funster

Do keep up at the back.
    This came up ages ago.
    My ignition switch has already been done. :):);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Funster

Ignition switch replaced yesterday at North east truck & van.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevec

stevec Funster

Ignition switch done two weeks ago. Booked in next week for replacement instrument pod. Expecting another recall in April to sort out speedo illumination. All of these found or advised through Motorhomefun. Most before Fiat dealership knew about them!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Ignition switch replaced last week
    Also found out that Fiat guarantee had not been activated/registered - sorted now

6. stevec

stevec Funster

I also found that. Had to send copy of V5 to Fiat. Also happened to a friend of mine with a new MH. Seems it wasn't only my dealer who slipped up.

7. campa cola

campa cola Funster

I have a ducato chassis in the low 200's of the vin numbers quoted built a few weeks before Oct 2014 then, which is not subject to the recall but I am getting the ABS lights and a couple of others come on when I put on cruise control. The ABS light is also kind of greyed out when the instrument panel is lit, so definitely a problem of some sort. Which makes me think this issue is wider than FIAT have admitted to!

So just as well I got the oil and filter changed well before the 2 year recommended service then, as that oil had already been sitting in the engine nearly a year before I bought it, which would make it 3 years old!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Seems a lot of recalls from the same stable of vehicle manufacturers...does it just effect motorhomes or is it all of the chassis inc vans etc. ??

9. Silverg

Silverg Funster

Thank you - just checked and we are just out of the vin no range - thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spidey

Spidey Funster

We picked up our MH in May 14 (new). When the cruise control is turned on the warning light comes about an attempted theft! The one with padlock on it. Cruise control does not work. Its booked in for its service and i mentioned this issue to the garage. They sounded confused but could it be a similar issue that others are getting?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Check any vehicle recalls here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. busby

busby Funster

Are not new vehicles shit,,had a new Fiat in 2008,,could not get rid of it quick enough. Don't worry about lights flashing on my dashboard now in my 20 year old van. Done four trouble free tours of Spain and Portugal in the old girl now.:):):)

• Like Like x 1
  13. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Mine was probably built around the same time as yours and I get that light plus the ABS warning light come on when I switch on cruise control but my cruise control works. Looks like FIAT have another issue to deal with!!!

14. Spidey

Spidey Funster

Interesting ! When i mentioned to The garage they did sound confused, it us going in to the garage in March so will let you know what happens.

15. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Please do I have yet to test the ABS but I am hoping it's just the dash that is faulty.

16. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Same happened to me Robert - had to send copy of V5 via email, and now sorted

That is a different problem to the ignition switch problem. I am not on the recall list for the ignition switch but I have glowing warning lights. That is not subject to a recall as such but Fiat Pro dealers are authorised to fix it if you report it. Took it to my local dealer and they ordered the part (new instrument cluster) and hope to have it fixed this Thursday.

We also have the lack of lights on the instruments problem and we are on Fiat's list for correction in the spring. Speaking to their very helpful customer care department they are not sure if the new instrument cluster I am having fitted this week will cure the lighting problem, so I will check when it is done and report back to them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. stevec

stevec Funster

I'm also registered with Fiat for the speedo readability issue and have my MH booked in for an instrument cluster chnge this Thursday. I don't think it will be any easier to read as I don't think Fiat will have it sorted until March.

18. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Fiat customer care phoned me today and said that they have checked with the dealer this morning and they confirm that the instrument cluster has been delivered, so it will be fitted on Thursday (they were on back order). I too am not holding out any great hopes that it will solve the lighting problem as well, but if it does that will be a bonus. After all the only thing they are doing is making the instrument light come on when you switch on the ignition rather than only when you switch on the lights as well.

But again a great service from Fiat customer care who have exceeded my expectations over the last few weeks.

19. Mickx

Mickx Funster

We bought ours three weeks ago and I have just checked with the dealer and the Ignition switch replaced on the 27/01 - phew...

20. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Thanks for the info, hopefully my ABS is fully operational then (y) I will have to wait for the repair but can live with just faulty lights.