Rebuilding an autosleeper

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by David C, Sep 19, 2013.

1. David C

David C Read Only Funster

Over the last couple of years the interior of my Autosleeper Talisman has been renewed to a high standard BUT it still sits on a Talbot Express chassis. I am now consiering putting the autosleeper on a newer chassis cab and had set my stall out to find a Merc Sprinter [auto]. A contact has told me this wont work for some reason so I must look again and the obvious choice would seem to be a Ford Transit. But which one as there seems to be numerous varients.
    Over the last couple of years I hav tackled several big jobs but as the chasis on the Talbot is quite rotten my newly refurbished AS body on a recent chassis might well restore some value to the motorhome. I might be interested in finding a commercial concern to help in this venture?
    Any helpful advice or information will be welcomed.
    regards
    David C

2. alfandM

alfandM Funster

Good luck with your project,Happy Days:thumb::thumb:

3. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

Can't help, but good luck.

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

try and find something with the same chassis width . mind that can be altered on the camper unit . really just needs lots of measuring .
    forklift or suitable jacks and get cracking .
    mercs do suffer bad rust on the chassis cabs so be carefull . mind transits arent very rust free either .
    keep looking and measuring .