Rear wheel hub/drum/bearings (1 Viewer)

anjer

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
1995 Fiat Ducato based Hymer: I had a new rear hub/brake drum and bearings fitted at 70000 kms(44000 miles) because the outer track of the inboard bearing was loose and rotated in the hub and wore away the interference fit. My service man tells me that he suspects the other side is now doing the same thing at 101 00 kms (63 000 miles). Anyone had similar issues with rear bearing or have I just got a bad batch of machined hubs from vehicle manufacture

Thank you

Anthony

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
1995 Fiat Ducato based Hymer: I had a new rear hub/brake drum and bearings fitted at 70000 kms(44000 miles) because the outer track of the inboard bearing was loose and rotated in the hub and wore away the interference fit. My service man tells me that he suspects the other side is now doing the same thing at 101 00 kms (63 000 miles). Anyone had similar issues with rear bearing or have I just got a bad batch of machined hubs from vehicle manufacture

Thank you

Anthony
He could remove race and re fit with a chemical bearing lock(locktite for example) now and save the hub before its to late

Mike0648

Free Member
May 3, 2010
North Devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
on and off for 20 years in UK
Loose rear outer bearing fit!!

If your 'technician' was to clean a new bearing outer with loctite degreaser and then use Loctite 640 sparingly on both the hub and the bearing outer, bring together and leave for 24hrs the loctite will have cured and the problem should be solved!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back