Rear View Camera

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Huffy, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Huffy

Huffy Read Only Funster

Can anyone advise me. I have a 2011 Bolero although I doubt if the model matters much in this case. For 2 years I have had a rear view by manual selection whilst in forward motion and of course rear view automatically when engaging reverse. I also have not had radio reception when on the move. Last month after 2 years of trying to fix the radio the dealer discovered that the rear view monitor was to blame and fitted a new one. Great radio now OK. No not so great I have now lost rear view in forward motion, OK in reverse of course. If I switch on the monitor all I get is a blue screen and the message no signal. The dealer claims that this is correct but the two owners I have so far asked tell me that they do have rear view in forward gears, as I did for 2 years. Any owners advice or how theirs work would be most helpful before I challenge the dealer. Thanking all in anticipation.

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi I have a Bessacarr E480, same maker Swift, my camera works both on forward travel and reverse , no probs with the radio. Pete :thumb:

3. The Dude

The Dude Funster

We a have Autorcruise Stardream - camera works when in either forward or reverse gear. Radio also works when in either forward or reverse gear:Laughing:

4. ukbill

ukbill Funster

mine is straight off my battery so when the ignition on so's me camera i switch it off when it suits me and radio ok

5. mentaliss

mentaliss

they haven't wired the video connection from the camera to the display:Cool:

6. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Rear View Camera and rubbish radio reception

Changed our Autocruise Stardream to a Autotrail Savannah a few months ago. Unlike the Autocruise, it would seem that the Autotrail reversing camera only works when reverse gear is selected. Given that we don't have a rear window in the Autotrail I would really like to be able to see what's happening behind when driving forward. Is there any way that the camera can be modified to provide a rear view when in forward gear?

Also we have terrible radio reception when on the move - is this normal on Fiat Ducato cabs (previous van was a Peugeot Boxer cab and radio worked perfectly).

7. FM02MZO

FM02MZO Funster

Forget your dealer.
    Sargent Electrical make the system for Swift, you can contact them via their web page and you will find them very helpful indeed

8. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

When I had my twin camera fitted I stopped the guy connecting it to the gearbox and asked him to put it on a dashboard rocker switch, he was pleased less work and can change whenever I want in particular checking the hitch/trailer whilst travelling. perfik
    Dave

9. keith

keith Funster

The standard way to wire a reverse camera is to take it's power from the reverse light switch as per the instructions, so that it comes on automatically and switches on when reverse gear is selected.

Doesn't have to be done that way though, you can take power from any convenient 12V source then it will work all the time, mine does.

10. aba

aba

mine is visible via the sat nav page on the pioneer unit fitted in mine driving forwards.
    but only looks down the rear of the van so it only sees about 5 feet behind so i fitted a second system that looks further back. a bit like those dual cameras but nearly a quarter of the cost.

11. Larby

Larby Funster

Most likely reason IMHO.

I also have twin cameras. Normal view is straight back, defaults to looking down when reverse engaged. I have also put a rocker switch inline so I switch it out and can reverse on either.