Rear view camera location: bike rack

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Ridgeway, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

I'm about to install a RV system with 2 cameras. First will be for long range view and second will be for reversing, so for close range vision. The thing that came to my mind is that the bike rack will obscure the view of the close range cam. Not too badly when the rack is not in use but when it is then I have a feeling that all I'm going to see out of Cam 1 is a Raleigh logo.....

Wondered about installing the cameras off centre ie about 1/4 across from the drivers side, then maybe mount them on an angle.

Anyone had the same challenge ?

2. mentaliss

mentaliss

I have already done this ie; one camera for distance, one for reversing, unfortunately the bike rack positioning still tends to obscure the final reversing point, in my case I'm going to install some reversing sensors I fitted these devices to my Rover some ten years ago with (count down bleeper) and I actually believe their function is better than a reversing camera whereby you gain confident (by use) where the stop point is:thumb:

3. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a reasonable compromise.

Will see today how much the view is obscured but with 4 bikes on I guess it will be a lot.

4. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

There was a company that did a combined system, not a great camera but work with sensors