Rear view camera advice please (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We will be taking of our new Burstner Ixeo IT680G in May / June, which is a metre longer than our current van which is an Adria Matrix 590G. The new van does not have a rear window so we are thinking about having a rear camera fitted to assist when reversing and permanently wiring in the sat nav. We have a Garmin camper 760LMT-D which I think has facility for a wireless camera. Alan is not sure about reliability of the wireless signal and wants to add camera wiring to the spec. Will this model take a wired camera, the download manual is not clear.

Does anyone have this sat nav on a 7m van, do you have wired or wireless camera, any advice welcome.

mercianman

Free Member
Mar 4, 2016
Newport Pagnell
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
We have a Waeco one. The microphone is very useful for shouting directions from outside and it works at night.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I've just installed a twin camera system to ours, it gives a long view as a mirror would do but also with the second camera a close up of what's happening a foot behind the tow bar, second one this and a good bit of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We have a 7.5m van, and I wouldn't be without our reverse monitor, but that hasn't stopped me bumping 1) a fence post 2) my car

They are great, but only as great as the operator! :whistle:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Not tried a wireless, but fitted two of these myself Link Removed
They both lasted over 3 years and one still going. Some reversing cameras are not meant for full time operation but this type are (if you want to use it as a driving mirror). Also make sure the camera is not live when the ignition is switched off o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Don't bother with wireless, its just 1 wire less :) and will never be as reliable. Make sure to get the newer 4 pin connectors where the power and video signal travel along the same cable (you will get away with a smaller diameter hole). I use 3 cameras. a rear view, a narrow angle reversing and a passenger side. All three are useful.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We will be taking of our new Burstner Ixeo IT680G in May / June, which is a metre longer than our current van which is an Adria Matrix 590G. The new van does not have a rear window so we are thinking about having a rear camera fitted to assist when reversing and permanently wiring in the sat nav. We have a Garmin camper 760LMT-D which I think has facility for a wireless camera. Alan is not sure about reliability of the wireless signal and wants to add camera wiring to the spec. Will this model take a wired camera, the download manual is not clear.

Does anyone have this sat nav on a 7m van, do you have wired or wireless camera, any advice welcome.
Garmin do the camper range of sat nav (well 660 and 760) and both have an optional wireless camera.
I do have a rear camera which is wired and it uses a dvd player screen (the ones that are a flip up lid and the camera lens is fitted central rear bumper. However, at the same time I had rear sensors fitted and colour matched and fitted equi distant, as in 5 in a line.
I haven't used the camera for some years because I'm more than confident that the sensors are more than adequate. I can concentrate on the reversing rather than being distracted by moving pictures. That's just my opinion and preference.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back