rear springs (1 Viewer)

M

mike241246

Deleted User
Hi all,
Just put my motorhome through the MOT which it passed ok, but It had a recomendation that the rear spings were sat on the bump stops in the static position with no free travel. The motorhome is only 4 years old and done 8000 miles.
He suggested that this was a common problem and upgrade of the rear springs was maybe a good idea.

I just wondered if anyone else had come accross this problem and could advise me on any possible action I could or should take.
Many Thanks ................ Mike

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi all,
Just put my motorhome through the MOT which it passed ok, but It had a recomendation that the rear spings were sat on the bump stops in the static position with no free travel. The motorhome is only 4 years old and done 8000 miles.
He suggested that this was a common problem and upgrade of the rear springs was maybe a good idea.

I just wondered if anyone else had come accross this problem and could advise me on any possible action I could or should take.
Many Thanks ................ Mike

Sounds bit strange,its not overloaded by any chance.If it passed mot can't be much wrong.

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
The best and possibly cheapest option IMO would be to have airride suspension fitted. Not only would that give you a much better ride and road handling, but would allow you to adjust the height of the van at the rear depending on the load you are carrying.

Unless you are overloaded at the moment the vehicle should definitely not be sitting on the bump stops, it's quite surprising that it passed the MOT in that condition.

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
What is the chassis/cab, if its a Merc sometimes the testers get confused and think its a bump stop when its not I have noticed.

Peter

OP
OP
M

mike241246

Deleted User
Hi Peter,
The motorhome is a 2004 Ace Milano on a Fiat Ducato chasis,
Thanks ..............Mike

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008