Rear marker light

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by golly, Jul 16, 2012.

1. golly

golly Funster

I wonder if anyone knows of a supplier of the back marker light off my Hobby T550. (see photo) It is an LED version made by Hella. I can find the type with a bulb, but cant find the LED version. Its due MOT shortly & I don't know if that would constitute a fail as its not the main tail light, just one of the top marker lights.

thanks John

Attached Files:

2. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

John if you can not find the correct led type you need quickly enough.....can you not buy the normal bulb type and change bulb for a led type...for the MOT..Just a thought:thumb:

Mel

3. Heyupluv

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. golly

golly Funster

Thanks Mel, The problem with fitting the bulb type, is that the bulb holder extends 40mm at the back, and needs to be recessed, the one that is on (LED) is surface mounted with just a smallish hole for the wires. The dimensions of the bulb type and the distance between the screw holes is exactly right but I don't fancy enlarging the hole in the bodywork. I found a German company that has the LED ones for 14.5 Euros, but they want about 20 euro for postage. I have emailed Hobby UK to see if they have them in stock. If all else fails, I will change both of them for the bulb type.

cheers John

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Heyupluv

I CAN FIND THE ORANGE LED SIDE MARKER... JOHN ...BUT NOT THE DAM RED ONE:Doh:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMBER-LED...Accessories&hash=item45feee0eb0#ht_1567wt_838

Mel

6. aba

aba

7. golly

golly Funster

8. golly

golly Funster

9. golly

golly Funster

Just wanted to say a big thank you to aba & Heyupluv for their help in tracking down the above light.

I emailed Hobby UK for a price £61 ! ! just to supply it :Eeek: Got one from company Dun-Bri group (thanks to aba) £8.14 plus vat & delivery:thumb:. Now that's what I call a result. Just fitted it, 10 min job, now to book it in for MOT.

Has anyone else had experience of exorbitant charges from motor-home manufacturers.

cheers John

• Like Like x 1
  10. keith

keith Funster

All of us, I suspect, have seen similar to these high charges. :Eeek:

When one of my marker light was not working at MOT, all I got was information from the tester that it was not working as he stated it was not part of the test. I'm sure Geo will be able to confirm this.

11. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

H i, i have a hobby and looked for led marker lights and found a replacement pair white led £3 63 pair 99p pp from ace parts on ebay or google ace parts.:thumb:

12. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I asked a similar question on RVOC regarding side marker lights.

Geo's reply was class IV MOT is for COMPULSORY car/van lights only....front..headlamp dip/main, side lights, front indicators and front side indicator repeaters .....rear...stop/tail/indicator and fog lights.

any other light is not tested...including side markers and high level position lights.