Rear Lights

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by plumbomb, Jun 10, 2014.

1. plumbomb

plumbomb Funster

HI, were off to France in just over a week (first time in MH) i"m going to pick up the spare set of bulbs, can you tell me are the rear bulbs eg. brake light fog light & indicator original Fiat bulbs.I would think they are but never know:thumb:

2. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

Most coachbuilts will have completely different housings to the base vehicle. However, there are very few bulb types. The main differences are if the tail shares a bulb with brake, or is separate. Fogs, reverse and indicators are usually the same bulb, although indicators may need a amber version, if the unit is clear.

You also get "wedge" bulbs, but these are rare, except as licence plate. LEDs can either be standard shape retrofit, or proprietary.

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

easiest way is take the lens/es off and take a look. be aware though that post 2006 models, the x250 do not like LED bulbs due to the can bus system and light failure circuit

oh and buy quality branded ones too as the cheap ones also cause strange faults on the circuit too

4. barearse

barearse Funster

Go to a good commercial motor factors.I got 10 x 24v 5w Hella for the truck last September for £2.40.:thumb:

5. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I bought a pack for Fiat Ducato from Halfords 5rs ago,still unopened :BigGrin:

Mike