Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Please could a member of the PVC community tell me if a spare wheel could be fixed onto a bracket on the rear door?
Also what type of bracket would I need, are they expensive to install and how much would my payload be compromised? Thankyou

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would think in THEORY it could be done but in PRACTICE I wouldn't do so due to the constant weight on the door all the time (20kg+). I'm also not sure how you'd mount it to spread the weight as the doors aren't that thick.

Bike racks are mounted on a rear door too but the weight of any bikes themselves is removed when people get home from holiday etc so it isn't constant, just leaving the much lower weight of the rack itself.

I assume your PVC hasn't got one as standard? Would there be anywhere underneath to store one on a 'manufacturer' type mounting point?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Never used them but try vanbitz.co.uk
'Universal spare wheel carrier'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2012