Free Member
Mar 23, 2009
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
After 10 years of using the rear bumber as a reversing aid ( ie when I feel it touch something I know i'm close ) I think it's time for repair/replacement.
Has anyone bought a replacement or had one fitted, or perhaps had a repair done by a fibreglass repairer. Iv'e seen a bumber repair kit for sale at Halfords , has anyone ever used one ?
It's a McLouis 432 registered in 2000 .
Thanks in anticipation.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Bobble.

I have always done all my Fibre glass repairs.

It really isn't too difficult.

Attended a seminar/training course done by a Lotus Engineer and bought a couple of books You do need a warm clean workplace.:thumb:

Steve

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
I redesigned my rear bumper while on holiday in Denmark a couple of years ago. The German that had parked behind me took it in his stride when he realised that his car was not damaged and my bumper was a mess.:Smile:

I ordered a new one from Elnagh for approx £320 after a £130 paint job I put it on in a couple of hours.

Makes the van look better than it was before as the previous owner has tried his own redesign on it.

Derek

Ps forgot to say that mine is a 2000 registration and they actually had a new one in stock

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If the bumper is just cracked or you have the all the bits it can easily be repaired.

There is a technique very similar to metal welding and the repair is stronger than the original.

I was able to remove the rear bumper and take it to a local workshop.

The repair was virtually invisible and the repaint was an exact match even though there was no official colour reference.

Cost about £200........damned treacherous French trees!:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back