LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Hi. Recent baby arrival means the scooter we have on the back of our Elddis Autostratus is pretty much redundant for a few years as is the inflatable and outboard. Oh well.....

We had the back axel uprated by SVtech so we have no issues with axel weight.

We want a big box to sit on the frame of the scooter rack to carry around all the extra baggage that comes with bubba.

I've seen "site boxes" on eBay and "motorhome" boxes, mainly made out of aluminium chequer plate of varying costs around £200-£300.

A plastic box would also be possible because the equipment in it would be low value.

What, if anything do you guys and girls have? Pics would be great.

Ideally for us the box would be around 1600mm wide and 350mm deep. Height can be almost limitless until it blocks out the kitchen window but up to 1000mm would be OK.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mark

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate Mark! :D

Have a look at other types of box, such as those used for garden storage, or even house storage, crates etc - there are lots and lots of them out there that might meet your needs without costing a packet and having to pay Fiamma etc prices.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i believe i recently saw an aluminium back box for sale in the classifieds section of the forum. must be worth a look

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Hi. That box is similar to what I have in mind but I don't need all the towbar mountings. Also I need a 700mm height or depth (pref height).

Il. Keep looking, there are some on eBay but rather buy 2nd hand if possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back