Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Whilst putting Custom POI's on my Garmin today,I got an error message 'Not a valid csv file' and the 'Help' section on the Garmin POI downloder gave an example of the correct format. Lat. Long. Name of POI.
Out of curiosity I double clicked the file I had tried to load and it opened in Excel.
I found 3 columns-- name of POI.Lat.Long. So,I thought,what will happen if I swap the columns around ? I higlighted the column with Name of POI,copied it,highlited the 4th column, which was blank,and put the Name of POI in there. Lo and behold it loaded into my device and a 'Congratulations' message showed on the screen ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
I can now see that creating POI's might not be an impossible task for one with limited technological abilities.:ROFLMAO:

Mike

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done Mike... always great when one solves problems like this... :thumb:

Sadly, I suppose this will put back the day when you decide to get a proper sat-nav...:ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

TOMTOM ROOLS OK?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Durrrrrr !

I wish I understood a miasma of what you just said......I am looking forward to meeting JJ for some Kindle driving lessons !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Steve try taking a little more water with it then read again Mike transposed column one to become column 3, job done.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
In my book .....

You can either understand whatever...or you can cook and lie naked on a French beach....guess what my preference is !!!! Montalivet...here I come !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back