• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Realistic Pro 2006 radio scanner (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
i am upgrading all my radio equipment and I have this superb scanner for sale.
Although quite old now, it is in excellent condition, works perfectly, and the bonus is, it is so easy to programme, unlike many of the newer range of radios that require expensive cables and computer software, before you can listen to anything.
It has 400 memories and picks up transmissions from 25 MHz to 1300 MHz (520-760 is factory, disabled ) works on AM FM wide FM and narrow FM and has fast and slow scanning.
It comes only with a mains lead. There is no antenna but a BNC connector on the rear for an external antenna, either a short telescopic or something huge outside!
With a decent antenna, you will be able to pick up CB, amatuer transmissions, broadcast transmissions, civil and military air and transmissions, taxis, shops, PMR and business radios. The old cordless phone band is disabled, but by cutting a diode leg on the circuit board inside, this frequency range can be reinstated, not that there are many old type cordless phones about now!( just checked, this diode is not fitted so there is no break in the 800MHZ band)
All in all, it's a fantastic scanner and was the top of the range when it was introduced. It still holds its own against many newer scanners now.
The display lights up so it can be read easily and there is a new backup battery installed.
I am looking for £55 plus around £5 contribution towards postage, so £60 all in.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Fantastic bit of kit with good selectivity and excellent sensitivity too.
Mine is still in very regular use.. Would not be without it.. Well priced too Allan

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
They are very good indeed, the only reason I am selling is because I have a Bearcat BCT15X that covers the same frequencies but has more channels, faster scan and Close Call, which I find useful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
It is, but it's in our house in France at the moment and we won't be there for a couple of weeks.
If you are looking for one ( and I can recommend them) check the backlit display is still working. They fade away over time. Mine still lights up well.

Travel4business

Free Member
Jun 26, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
In no hurry. Let me know when you are back and if i haven't found one by then, maybe see if we can work something out?

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I used to sell these for a living!

Waaayyyyy back when, I used to work in Tandy, remember them?? (y)

Best scanner there was by far, and as you say, still more than capable today, you can even fit a discriminator tap mod too ;)

As it's a small world, any of you also use the UK Radio Scanning (.com) forum?

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Tandy! A name from the past, I was in there all the time.
And yes, I am a member on UK Radio Scanning. (ajrm)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Tell you what's even more amazing, despite having zero high street presence for the last 20 or so years, they are still actually going!

http://www.tandyonline.co.uk

Also a member of the scanning forum, same user name (y)

And also about to try and rig up some kind of removable bracket arrangement to fit a 1m high Sigma glass fibre antenna to the roof bars on my MH (only for use when pitched up!)

Suggestions welcomed :D

And sorry for the slightly off topic drift :oops:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
knowing nothing about scanning can one of you enlighten me to what you could actually listen to on a set like this i remember years ago must have been about 74/5 we were listening to police radio on fm and heard blow by blow the attempted kidnap of princess anne

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Depends on the frequencies, no police anymore, but I listen to the air band, local businesses, amateurs and lots of foreign stations. I can also pick up the local rail station, bus and taxi companies and marine traffic ( coastguard, ship to ship and ship to shore as well as SAR when they are out.
You have to be quite selective, there is a lot of rubbish, but I find it interesting listening mainly to the airband.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back