Jan 7, 2013
Brighton
Funster No
MH
American RV
Exp
Since 4th January!
Hi to all!
I am Lainey, about to turn 60 & retired early from midwifery due to ill health. My ex hubby, but live in best buddy, Chris, has also retired early (he got annoyed seeing me enjoying our dogs & having fun!!)
Having enjoyed 13 years of South of France villa holidays, we pondered how to still enjoy France on our pensions.....an RV!
And thus, the New Year found us out hunting for our dream on wheels. Not our ultimate dream, but we came upon a Fleetwood Flair rv, in good nick & bought her! The journey home to Brighton from Leicestershire was great.....until nearly home! Our awning deployed & wrecked a couple of cars :Blush:
It has taken from January 5th until last week to get insurance work, plus an MOT etc, but this past weekend, we took our maiden trip out ~ a modest 'wild' night, a basset walk with the dogs & 4 nights in New Forest. It was brilliant fun, if a tad fraught at times!
Whilst in the Forest, we were lucky enough to meet Julia & Brian & we are so grateful for the amazing tips & information they passed on ~ thank you both enormously!
Going to take another short trip after half-term & hopefully, iron out a few issues/learn more ~ before we take off for 6 weeks in France at end of June!
Well done if you got this far, but looking forward to participating, getting to know you all ~ a tad less wordily!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :thumb:

Enjoy France. Get a copy of All the Aires France from Vicarious (Google them), it lists a lot of free or cheap aires all over France. We've used a few in our first year with the MH and most of them are great.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi, and good luck on your journey through France.
maybe keep us all posted, :welcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi

Welcome !

Well done - straight in with an RV!:thumb:

France is great for MHs - take your time, no need to go too far to enjoy France, stay off the toll roads (boring)

Wish we were going..................safe journey:thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Hi and welcome! No messing with you two, Rv from the start. That's the way to do it.
If you went on to our sister site R.V.O.C. (RV Owners club) that is all RVs, and anything to do with RVs.
Hope you enjoy your new found freedom.

Craig

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Welcome and have fun. Shame about your little problem on your way home.

We have just returned from our first trip and loved every second.... We hope to do France too and already have or Aires guide.....

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

LaineyTiffers

Free Member
Jan 7, 2013
Brighton
Funster No
MH
American RV
Exp
Since 4th January!
Cheers guys!
Yep, we got All the Aires & France Passion pretty much as they came out!
Too many years spent on Autoroutes, (hate those paeges with a vengeance!!) Really looking forward to taking our time & seeing the 'real' France now ~ no take-over days to consider now! Only thing we've booked is ferry & a week in Carcassone for Bastille night, (best 4th July we ever experienced!)
::bigsmile: Expect a tedious amount of pics etc! Now, off to find RVOC, thank you!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back