ready to go

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by hedgefordpete, Apr 11, 2012.

1. hedgefordpete

hedgefordpete Read Only Funster

hi everybody, i am ready to go, france for a month. filled up with fuel yesterday then spent an hour sitting behind the wheel. three more weeks to wait.
    i will be arriving in calais at 01-30am, and then heading for brittany.
    the unknown factor is how far can i travel before i need to stop for a kip.
    it will be a nice steady pace, no rushing about.
    i am having air assisted rear suspension fitted before i go as i am advised that it will make all the difference to the ride. i made skegness and back, now for the long haul
    regards pete.:BigGrin:

2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

And the very best thing has to be that you can drive as far as you want, stop, have a nap, make a cuppa, drive on or go to bed.
    No-one seems to hassle you for parking up in France--lots of villages have aires de repos or just stopping in the main village car park seems to be acceptable (maybe visit the boulangerie in the morning)
    Have a great trip.

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Have a great trip and don't forget to let us know how you're getting on. :thumb:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Pete, like a kid at Christmas we all count down those days before a trip. have a good one:thumb: and like Taran says, keep us posted and take plenty of pics to make us all jealous :thumb:

5. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Pete, have a great trip, we had two months in Brittany a few years ago, and it takes longer than you think touring round, we really enjoyed it, hope the sun shines for you. :thumb: Bob.

6. hedgefordpete

hedgefordpete Read Only Funster

waiting

gordon bennet, still another week before we go to france........another week of my wife deciding which clothes to take........regards, pete.:Eeek:

7. sedge

sedge Funster

Tell her plenty of clothes shops in France - and Intermarche, Auchan etc are like Tesco et al - all sell clothes now! I seldom return from a long trip without something I didn't set off with! And most of the clothes I took hanging in the wardrobe or neatly folder in the locker - unworn!

The other week we emptied the place we shove the shoes - I now have a pair of slingbacks and some rather nice maroon leather sandals I'd entirely forgotten I even owned. LOL Just call me the Imelda Marcos of the MH ......

:Rofl1:

(Whatever she takes, if she's like me she'll always wish she had just packed that whatever she didn't pack, after all !)