Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Reading another post on here this morning, I came a cross a new word VANIST... regarding the avatar pictures we use.

Now I do not have a picture of my RV.. only dear old Ezzie my St Bernard.. I do have a link in my posts as you can see below (in red) to my RV.... But I have never felt the need to put a picture of my motorhome in the avatar... personally I think it is snobbish and rubbing peoples noses in it.. my van is bigger than yours sort of thing.

I love the avatars some of the members have some change by the day or the mood, and others are long running and you have no idea what they look like.. many a time at shows members have come up and said you have to be Slobadobabob... That is having ezzie as my avatar. But motorhomes on the whole are white and all look a like ... for me I find the more way out ones more interesting.. I am not in to the VANIST (stealing the word) avatars... not a case of how much money or how big your motorhome is.. it is about you the person.. which I have found great when I do meet them at shows.

Anyway I look like Ezzie, that is my excuse.

So OK let world war 3 start........... who wants to throw the first stone:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
No Im not vanist , yes i made up the word:Smile: as in sexist racist etc.
Bob , you dont need to brag by having your RV in your avatar.
You do it at every opportunity anyway, in your posts :ROFLMAO: :winky:
Ps , you did ask haha

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am definately not vanist.

A motorhome is a motorhome in my little world.

I do get a bit uncomfortable though when people stare at ours. There are quite a few of them about but I guess it does look a bit unusual.

My favourites are the older Hymers:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a great word... love it

No Im not vanist , yes i made up the word:Smile: as in sexist racist etc.
Bob , you dont need to brag by having your RV in your avatar.
You do it at every opportunity anyway, in your posts :ROFLMAO: :winky:
Ps , you did ask haha

Great word love it..... I am guilty as charged .... but it did get a response.... so easy sometimes to light the touch paper and stand back...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush::Blush:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Never thought much about it.....I believe that many are simply showing off their pride and joy ...they are rightly proud of their motorhome. I certainly prefer the long-standing avatars and get a little confused when they change. Scotjimland's latest one threw me for a while and Yosser and Carol regularly change theirs. Brian 'Hilldweller' changed from aircraft to bike, I preferred the aircraft. Gaz43 changed from bike to portrait, like it.

Interesting how many have pets past and present, a sign of there love for their animals, you sloberdobergoberbob included.

I sincerely hope that Champers, pappajohn, ShiftZZ Jock&Rita KSEBruce, GJH, Jim and Lesleyjean to name a few, never ever change theirs. Munchie even more now he's gonna be a turn-coat.

My avatar is a silly old git on a sail-boat, hey -ho that's me then. I still love my boat more than my MH and I like the cartoon avatars more than the photos, but it's good when they change, I have no intention of changing mine.

Still think Old Mo should have some silly old Fart on a Harley, cartoon though, even though he has a fabulous Wagon. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
"Adventure before Dementia" thats pretty funny! Ralph::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Bev actually.:winky:
Ralph hardly ever posts , just reads every day .

Bit tongue in cheek i know . Though both my grandmas and one grandad on had it before they died. Not nice .
Why wait untill you retire , if you dont have to. You dont know what's round the corner.
Health wise or mind wise.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have on the side of our RV..........

Bev actually.:winky:
Ralph hardly ever posts , just reads every day .

Bit tongue in cheek i know . Though both my grandmas and one grandad on had it before they died. Not nice .
Why wait untill you retire , if you dont have to. You dont know what's round the corner.
Health wise or mind wise.

We have on the side of the RV....... if we had to explain you would not understand.....

I like to see motorhomes and RV's that have been personalised with saying like the adventure before dementure ... American bumper stickers are great.

But what I do enjoy is reading the tag lines or signatures on the posts.. that is great as you get some wicked sense of humour .... often better than the post.

Bob:Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
some very good general Avatars out there

Never thought much about it.....I believe that many are simply showing off their pride and joy ...they are rightly proud of their motorhome. I certainly prefer the long-standing avatars and get a little confused when they change. Scotjimland's latest one threw me for a while and Yosser and Carol regularly change theirs. Brian 'Hilldweller' changed from aircraft to bike, I preferred the aircraft. Gaz43 changed from bike to portrait, like it.

Interesting how many have pets past and present, a sign of there love for their animals, you sloberdobergoberbob included.

I sincerely hope that Champers, pappajohn, ShiftZZ Jock&Rita KSEBruce, GJH, Jim and Lesleyjean to name a few, never ever change theirs. Munchie even more now he's gonna be a turn-coat.

My avatar is a silly old git on a sail-boat, hey -ho that's me then. I still love my boat more than my MH and I like the cartoon avatars more than the photos, but it's good when they change, I have no intention of changing mine.

Still think Old Mo should have some silly old Fart on a Harley, cartoon though, even though he has a fabulous Wagon. :thumb:

You get used to seeing a certain avatar then they change, which is a shame, as I must admit I get use to them.. the only one i did not like was Carol's and the sand.. now changed I see (Thanks)... but I lover pappajon's scooter... shiftZZ would never look the same if he changed it. But each to there own.

Bob:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thats odd I've been thinking of changing my avatar for a while now getting bored with the same white van so a picture of my next van now instead:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Gromett has been my nickname since long before the Wallace cartoons.
What else could I have as my Avatar:winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
need a ladder to get to the hab door

Thats odd I've been thinking of changing my avatar for a while now getting bored with the same white van so a picture of my next van now instead:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You would need some serious steps or a ladder to get to the tab door....

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
hang on Buttons where is the headless body?

I have a very small camper and I use it most days:Smile:

Hang on Buttons, where is the headless body we were just starting to get use to?

This looks like one of the dog stories:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thought you would have been on line earlier than this?:Doh:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
But I have never felt the need to put a picture of my motorhome in the avatar... personally I think it is snobbish and rubbing peoples noses in it.. my van is bigger than yours sort of thing.

It's a fair cop....you've got me....that's exactly why I do it....

....because my van is indeed sooooo much bigger than yours :winky:

Seriously though, I like seeing the variety of van makes and models. I also use them to associate vans to people's names in the vain hope that one day I'll remember who is who when at meets. But I also like non-van avatars. It's not important.

Dont be sad you know what they say , the bigger the motorhome ,
the smaller the :Blush:

Well.....that's made my day :thumb:

...back to work with a spring in my step :roflmto:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Reading another post on here this morning, I came a cross a new word VANIST... regarding the avatar pictures we use.

Now I do not have a picture of my RV.. only dear old Ezzie my St Bernard.. I do have a link in my posts as you can see below (in red) to my RV.... But I have never felt the need to put a picture of my motorhome in the avatar... personally I think it is snobbish and rubbing peoples noses in it.. my van is bigger than yours sort of thing.

I love the avatars some of the members have some change by the day or the mood, and others are long running and you have no idea what they look like.. many a time at shows members have come up and said you have to be Slobadobabob... That is having ezzie as my avatar. But motorhomes on the whole are white and all look a like ... for me I find the more way out ones more interesting.. I am not in to the VANIST (stealing the word) avatars... not a case of how much money or how big your motorhome is.. it is about you the person.. which I have found great when I do meet them at shows.

Anyway I look like Ezzie, that is my excuse.

So OK let world war 3 start........... who wants to throw the first stone:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am not [STRIKE]vainest[/STRIKE]:ROFLMAO:Vanest

I just wish sometimes when you click the avatar
It would enlarge
To give a better view

I don't dislike anyone's avatar as its probably personal to them

I would put my van on but I prefer my little computer pal
To help me speller proper :thumb::Doh:

Unfortunately now resting with her brother
In utopia :cry::cry:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am definitely a vanist...

I judge people by the vans they have...

My van is in my avatar...

I have not seen any van better than mine for me...

My van is better than your van for me.

I hope other people look at my van and feel superior to, and sorry for, me...

Anything to spread a bit of happiness amongst others...

JJ :Cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It's all a matter of what's right for you JJ's van suits JJ and actually it would quite suit me too. Shirley would probably rather eat her own foot than tour in JJ's wagon so compromises have to be made.:Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not a vanist, don't have one, so must be a caravanist ... :Cool:

and Bob.. when or if you get the Airstream caravan .. please don't call it a travel trailer..

you will be a happy tugger just like me ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back