Re-mapping ecu (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Without question a remap is the way to go, we had our 3 litre fiat done, Autotrail Arapaho tag axle, big non steamlined truck would regularly give 27mpg hills never bothered it best money we ever spent.:thumb:
As for Engines straight from the factory we were told that there is apparently an EU regulation were they are only 80% efficient, don`t know why but who knows what the EU lot are thinking.:Doh:
Regarding the clutch yes all Fiat euro 4 engines had the clutch judder problem, they did a fix for the 2.3 litre engines but non for the 3 litre, going forward is ok, it`s in reverse that causes the problems.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

what i cannot get my head around is you spend £ 000 s on a mh and why would you
1/ alter the ecu , you may lose reliability/fuel economy,we did this with race bikes,constantly re-building engines/clutch [etc]
2/ if you need more power [etc] buy a bigger engine, if you have to ask how many miles it does to a gallon, buy a smaller van,[ just my opinion]

took truck out for a run 2-day,all ok ready to roll,replaced no plate on roof and car
i run a 3lt chausson alegro 96 pulling a box trailer/car:Eeek:

Attachments

• roof no plates 057.jpg
    roof no plates 057.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11
  • roof no plates 059.jpg
    roof no plates 059.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 9

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
had a few cars remapped and always had good results in power and economy going to have my m/h remapped this year, after all fiat have remapped it them selves up to 180 bhp but I do think a remap to 205 is a bit excesive and looking for trouble

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back