Free Member
May 14, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
m a newbie
:ROFLMAO:....I used to love going on summer holidays in the 70s with my parents in their Commer caravanette. Those summers always seemed hot and sunny Then my brother John got a motorhome, only a couple of months ago and I invited myself along. What fun. We went to Camarthen last weekend and everyone we met was so friendly. We even had our own little 'nightclub' and the sun shone.
thanks to my brother John his partner Angie. Cant wait to do it all again..Liz (aka Lil' Slug)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .good on you .i havent got to be a teenager yet properly still about twelve . been like it for years . some grow up and get all grumpy . dont want to go there.
i sometimes ride my 250single motor bike and go back to my first m,bike a bsa 250 star. just feels the same . i can remember the feeling of adventure just going to the next town. i still feel the same . hope you carry on having a great time .

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome my dad had a wee commer camper also im sure you used to flip the passenger seat up and the cooker was there. Great little van we went to loads of places can even remember being stuck in snow half way up the rest n be thankful and i can assure you the van wasn't winterized :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope you find one for yourself and have loads of childish fun in it

OP
OP
B

billybunter

Free Member
May 14, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
m a newbie
Thanks bruv (stitch-up) He gave me the nickname Lil slug because when i got out of bed yesterday morning i slid out because i couldnt find the ladder and there's not much room to manouvre. So i just held on and slid down to the floor not realising it was soooo far down Another laugh was had by all of us.
I will never forget this weekend.
::bigsmile:
thanks to Jim and Sian fo th warm welcome. Diolch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Ah, the old Commer registration number 4182 ML, we all loved it and it gave so much fun :roflmto:

Liz (aka The Slug) with mother
a1026.jpg

Parked outside the house, was the venue for many sing songs :ROFLMAO:
a1021.jpg

and many family holidays.
a1015.jpg

They loved the old Commer ::bigsmile:
a1013.jpg

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
What nice memories you have of your family for that you are very lucky

OP
OP
B

billybunter

Free Member
May 14, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
m a newbie
Awwwww. Dont I look sweet. wow. Cant believe you found those so quickly. The best years of my life. thanks bruv xx::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
This is a really nice post, thank you, it made me think of my family holidays as a small child with my family who are no longer with us, we did not have much but we had the love of our parents

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
we did not have much but we had the love of our parents

Likewise, we had very little but can only remember splendid happiness throughout our childhood. Our parents are no longer with us but we raise a glass to them at every opportunity.

Many times I'd return home from school and my mother with her neighbours would be sat in the Commer enjoying a cup of tea, cakes and singing = pure bliss!

This weekend in Carmarthen brought back so many of those good memories and we consider ourselves so fortunate to have what we have. They would have loved it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back