re habitation door

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by third van, Jan 2, 2012.

1. third van

third van Read Only Funster

Thanks for the replys to my previous thread (autotrail doors) and the solutions posted, but should we have to attach bunngee or other things just to stop a habitatoin door slamming you in the mouth . Should WE have to go to these lengths when we pay any thing upto £74000.00 for an auototrail .As I said previously designers are not moterhomers .

2. EJB

EJB Read Only Funster

We have to! but we didn't pay £74,000 for our MH:Wink:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

An emphatic NO.

This is the age of STYLE. It's quite possible some sales person rejected a properly engineered solution because it did not look stylish. Latest MHs are full of this crap end to end it seems to me.

4. Phill D

Phill D

I am affraid Autotrail is a "dirty word" to me... :Angry: had an 18 month battle with them over a habbitation door. :cry: I had all the support from the dealer but in my humble opinion their warrenty managers care less.
    Autotrail in particular have a big share of the UK market and think they are Bullet Proof.
    you would think that their reputation would be as important to sales, but seems not.:Doh:

i eventually got a resolution by being an absolute nuisance to the CEO in person.:thumbdown:

would never buy an Autotrail or any of their franchised brands again. their customer care and after sales service is "dreadfull" to be polite!:Eeek:

5. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

Sadly this is ever more common these days and firms wonder why they go bankrupt.
    No 1 is look after your customers because without them there is no business.