RE: Free power from magnets poll (1 Viewer)

Do you believe the video

• Yes

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Don't know, Don't understand

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]This is a good read[/HI] fo the non techies like me.

Well thanks Jim that took an hour out of my life, but not wasted. I really do think many on here have not read this paper from top to bottom.

I think they should.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well thanks Jim that took an hour out of my life, but not wasted. I really do think many on here have not read this paper from top to bottom.

I think they should.

I knew I knew what I knew if you know what I mean, so I didn't read it.

I have now read it and he is quite eloquent on the subject. His links are good as well and worth a look.

i read it:thumb:

Has it changed your view on the workability of these devices?

Sorry about my previous rant. I am ignorant on a great many subjects but electronics, physics and computers are subjects I have been involved with for the last 30 years +/- 5. Chris Green you got me to bite you little sod telling me I had no understanding of this what so ever:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll get you a beer in if we ever meet:winky:

I am going to bow out of this thread now, people who believe in this stuff in the face of all evidence against it are a bit like religious fanatics and can't be persuaded otherwise:Sad:

For those 4 who believe this machine works no hard feelings at all but please don't throw away any hard earned money at the con artists running these websites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i dont believe or disbelieve it,open minded me:Smile:
i think it's unproven within the constraints of modern science:Smile:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
i think it's unproven within the constraints of modern science:Smile:
Sorry it has been convincingly proven to be impossible by modern science.
Perpetual motion machines break the laws of physics, and not just one of them...:cry:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I thought of an example for you Chris.

Imagine a 100 foot waterfall. At the bottom is a turbine which generates electricity. This electricity is used to power a pump to take the water back to the top of the water fall. This machine runs on gravity which never runs out and is everywhere so the machine has to work. Gravity is a force just like magnetism.

However in the real world.
The turbine is not 100% efficient so the kinetic energy of the falling water is not totally converted to electricity some is lost on the way. More of this electricity is lost due to the resistance in the wires between the turbine and the pump.
The pump is not 100% efficient either so not all the electricity is used to pump the water up some goes into losses in the pump as heat/noise/magnetic losses etc etc etc.

So each stage a little bit of energy is lost so not all of the water gets pumped back to the top. After a short while the top store of water runs out and the machine grinds to a halt. The only way to keep the machine running is to add more water to the top. How do you get the extra water to the top? You have to pump it using an external source of energy....

Now the above example is just trying to run itself and not provide any power to grinders or drills. If you were to take a feed from the output of the generator that would leave less power to pump the water back to the top causing the system to fail even quicker.

In the "free power from magnets" machine. The force is magnetism and the energy electricity. In my example the force is gravity and the energy is Water (with a little bit of leccy)

I hope this explanation helps? I am not very good at explaining things tho so I might have just added fuel to the fire....

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I understand that Grommet. Thanks:thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Imagine a 100 foot waterfall. At the bottom is a turbine which generates electricity. This electricity is used to power a pump to take the water back to the top of the water fall. This machine runs on gravity which never runs out and is everywhere so the machine has to work. Gravity is a force just like magnetism.

The turbine is not 100% efficient so the kinetic energy of the falling water is not totally converted to electricity some is lost on the way. More of this electricity is lost due to the resistance in the wires between the turbine and the pump.
The pump is not 100% efficient either so not all the electricity is used to pump the water up some goes into losses in the pump as heat/noise/magnetic losses etc etc etc.

So each stage a little bit of energy is lost so not all of the water gets pumped back to the top. After a short while the top store of water runs out and the machine grinds to a halt. The only way to keep the machine running is to add more water to the top. How do you get the extra water to the top? You have to pump it using an external source of energy....

Now the above example is just trying to run itself and not provide any power to grinders or drills. If you were to take a feed from the output of the generator that would leave less power to pump the water back to the top causing the system to fail even quicker.

In the "free power from magnets" machine. The force is magnetism and the energy electricity. In my example the force is gravity and the energy is Water (with a little bit of leccy)

I hope this explanation helps? I am not very good at explaining things tho so I might have just added fuel to the fire....

What would happen if it were windy?

Eddie

:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

But, what if the pump didn't need all the falling water to make it work? ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Never one to miss an importunity
We are talking free magnets here arn't we:thumb:
Put me down for half a dozen please:winky:
Geo

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just because we understand a theory doesn't mean we know whether it is correct or not..

Do you really believe that 300 years of Physics is wrong ? It's not like it's something cutting edge like the CERN experiments.

The theories of energy/matter was first proposed by Newton 300 years ago and hold good to this day, good enough to launch space craft. Einstein confirmed them and added fine detail on what happens at the speed of light 100 years ago.

Nothing since has shown any weakness or flaws.

What is discussed in this thread is just nonsense.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Do you really believe that 300 years of Physics is wrong ? It's not like it's something cutting edge like the CERN experiments.

The theories of energy/matter was first proposed by Newton 300 years ago and hold good to this day, good enough to launch space craft. Einstein confirmed them and added fine detail on what happens at the speed of light 100 years ago.

Nothing since has shown any weakness or flaws.

What is discussed in this thread is just nonsense.

Brian, I agree and have said similar in early posts on both threads about magnets and free energy ..

you have cheery picked my post and used it out of context ...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
you have cheery picked my post and used it out of context ...

Sorry, it was an appropriate line to hang a general message off. It is directed at anyone who is taken in by this.

We're not up to much really, for all our putting men on the moon, iPhones, computers we cannot create energy.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sorry, it was an appropriate line to hang a general message off. It is directed at anyone who is taken in by this.

We're not up to much really, for all our putting men on the moon, iPhones, computers we [HI]cannot create energy[/HI].

no problem..

indeed, not yet anyway.. but who knows in the future ..

down the ages men with vision have been made a laughing stock.. even excommunication from the church for daring to suggest something that deviated from the 'known' knowledge..

For all our learning and understanding of the natural world I don't think we have even scratched the surface .. puny beings scambling about on a rock in a universe so vast we can't even get our heads around the size..

so yes, there is no unity+ machine nor can we make energy .. but I keep an open mind..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
indeed, not yet anyway.. but who knows in the future ..

I'll buy that. All the cutting edge stuff is quite new and made up as "they" go along. "That's not right, we'll invent XXXXX", which pushes them to the next dilemma "OK so we'll invent YYYY".

Of course it may end up with "Newton and Einstein were quite right, that's it folks, here is the final equation and it fits perfectly, live with it".

My gut feeling is that we are so thick, one day there will be another big breakthrough.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Can I just say that is scientists knew all the answers they would do themselves out of a job:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back