Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
INVERKEITHING
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi guys , new to the motorhome game but I recently purchased a burstner elegance I821 2008model

It has the ability to charge whilst driving and also has an inverter, trouble is I am not quite sure how to operate it properly so that its charging and the inverter is heating water at the same time.

Do i need to operate anything from the control panel to charge and use the inverter ??

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i think you have a few cross wires! no pun intended.

cant see that your inverter would be wired to supply the water heater, the power drain would kill your batteries in double quick time. why would you want the inverter to power you water heater, surely thats done by gas while motoring ( assuming you have a sucmotion regulator fitted ) and EHU when stationary?

nicaf

Free Member
Mar 4, 2012
Chelmsford, Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
The Burstner will have the Alde central heating system which also incorporate a heat exchanger that uses hot water from the engine to provide space heating to the habitation area, and also provide hot water.

The inverter is something entirely separate the enables you to run 240 volt appliances from the 12 volt supply. You will need to check the capacity of the inverter when assessing what electrical appliances you can run

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back