Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi everyone,
Aldi are currently selling some silicone bakeware, one of the items is a silicone baking mat measuring 45 x 32cm. This can be cut down to size to fit in the grill compartment under the grill pan, presto no more rattles, it has a non slip surface that prevents the pan from sliding about and being heatproof to 260c you can leave it in place when you arrive on site. There's enough offcut the put two strips under the tasting rack as well!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
For those too careful with their money to invest in this excellent tip (mentioning no names..:ROFLMAO:) you can always turn up the volume of your stereo tuned to a heavy metal station/cd...:Cool:

JJ

I know... I know... some of you think the sound of a rattling grill pan is preferable/the same/better etc etc...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
rattling grill pans

Hi, If you can hear grill pans over the noise of the engine it must run quieter than ours. We have big speakers fitted just behind our cab seats but we still have the volume on the radio up high to hear it! It's the crockery crashing around in the cupboard that annoys me. Tried various things but nothing cures it!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We actually carry the clean teatowels in the crockery cupboard - tuck em all round and in between everything, except the mugs.

The fitted crockery racks are plastic coated wire so everything makes a terrible racket (cos we don't do plastic tableware) The mug racks, I cut out some thin card (cornflake packet type) (I used Gaslow boxes!!) and rolled it, then put it inside the mug racks and slot the mugs down the cardboard 'split tube'.

Only Swift could fit square mug racks!!!

I did buy a shedload of those non-slip mats when Home Bargains were selling em off three rolls for 99p or something equally ridiculous - that would work really well if you don't fancy the teatowels.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Try parking... that usually does the trick...

JJ :Cool:

Priceless JJ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Strangly, and on a sort of serious note, the grill pan and oven shelf in our Yanks magic chef we're kinda getting anoying so I put the grill pan on the shelf and all is blissfull again, well apart from the lower screen door fanciness (stops dog going through screen). It's funny, I have a simple solution to this rattle but it only ever crosses my mind to deal as we set of and the noise starts:Doh:

We to do crockery and glass and a tea towel in with glasses and a couple of choice bits of anti slip and we rarely hear from that cupboard, mind you I was supprised they survived the MOT, Winne leaped of the rollers during the brake test and all I could hear was the crocker/class/mugs crashing about, though I was more worried about my beer in the fridge getting shacken up:ROFLMAO:

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Tea towels sound good, usually end up stuffed in the cutlery (and anything else I can stuff in there) drawer, and various corners, so might as well be wrapped around the plates. Although ours are melamine they still make a racket! Had to change to china mugs as the melamine ones went horrible inside after I'd put them in the microwave a few times!
The photos above remind me of camping with the family when I was a kid only it wasn't that glamorous! cheers all! Joy

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi, If you can hear grill pans over the noise of the engine it must run quieter than ours. We have big speakers fitted just behind our cab seats but we still have the volume on the radio up high to hear it! It's the crockery crashing around in the cupboard that annoys me. Tried various things but nothing cures it!

The ever practical Mrs Savantuk has lined all our cupboards with anti slip mats, the waffle sort that you can buy in rolls. Nothing moves in the cupboards now, and it has restored peace to our journeys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back