rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
wrap tea-towel around grill pan, including between the grate and pan. Various things to stop bottles in cupboards moving - I particularly like a member on here suggesting socks, which I had never thought of.

Apart from that, careful packing and stowing will minimise noise - you will get used to it, and soon it will be fairly quiet in there!

If you have the storage beneath the cooker, this is a great area is use. Pack pots/pans/trays in a plastic container with a lid. They won't move and rattle then. You should have enough space for a couple of kettles, steamer and toaster etc

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
New to motorhming, how long does it take to iron out all the rattles and squeaks. Second shake down cruise tomorrow !

Hi and welcome:welcomefunster:
It took us several trips away to get them "reduced":roflmto:

As rainbow chasers have said tea towels and careful packing will minimise the rattles. It's a challenge to set off somewhere and see how far you can get before hearing a rattle:Doh:
We use bubblewrap for the grill pan/rack, and we remove the shelf from the oven and wrap it in bubblewrap too. Just make sure you remove it all before lighting the grill or the oven:RollEyes:
We fold a tea towel over a couple of times and put one under the Chinchilla glass lids on the hob and sink, otherwise these rattle like mad.

Good luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We're obviously missing out here ... no squeaks or rattles :Angry:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

stcyr......they should be so lucky.......:Doh: :winky: :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...when it squeaks and rattles at least you know some parts are still there and have not fallen off......

Poly Plastic exterior panels, fibre glass, conti board, screwed joints, plastic interior parts,body flexing on route...wind noise,...bottles, pans in cupboards, trays & tins in the oven...a recipe for noise....
These are mobile motorhomes that move with lots of items that can rattle..they are different to cars......

STOP THE RATTLES & SQUEAKS.....that's a laugh...it is what Rainbow chasers said you can only minimise.....you will soon get used to it...and the noises do normaly stop when you park up for the night, week, month :RollEyes: :Doh: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Funny thing about the MH none off those things bother me, however if I am in the car even the slightest rattle gets on my nerves.

The Shower-room door is the biggest bother in the van, but even that doesn't cause any distress. We seem to have a different mind set while in the van. But if you are bothered then the socks and tea towel thing seems good.:thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Rattles

Same here..... I think it is because every nook and cranny is packed to there is no space to rattle about:ROFLMAO:

The odd rattle seems to stem from the oven/shelf, but I cant be bothered taking shelves out etc.

Russell

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Apart from sticking the knife draw inset and the laptop in the fixed bed we do nowt else ---now either we have got immune to rattles or Rapidos are fairly rattle free

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Turn the radio up?

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
rattles and bangs

Agree with everything suggested and you'll never get rid of all the noise especially on a bumpy road. Our Burstner is the quietest MH we've ever owned but there are one or two small rattles we can't locate. We had a Peugeot Nuevo with the most awful rattles in the window blinds - metal springs inside plastic casing I think - we never could do anything about that. Get rid of what you can and live with the rest! Have fun.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
don't bother....turn up the radio volume. :thumb:

But Seriously, after a while you don't notice the various rattles

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun