Raskelf - Are they worth it? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Get a new (2nd hand) motorhome and all of a sudden we get the urge to spend money on it!!!

I'm buying things like light bulbs, locks, smoke detectors, fire blanket and other techie sort of bits while Angie's into more of the soft furnishing bits :RollEyes: It is enjoyable though.

So, the subject says it all really:

Raskelf - Are they worth it?

Link Removed

Cheers

John

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Definitely, we would not be without ours. :thumb:

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
101% Yes
Are the cheaper ones as good 101% not quite

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Marvellous! We bought the Duvalays, mattress and quilt all in one, great if you have a rear lounge and sleep on single beds, roll 'em up and stash on the cab seats during the day - or not.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Absolutely not cheap but fantastic best nights sleep I ever have is on the Raskelf
Ours has been in 3 different vans its always the first thing to go in.

Don't buy the cheap copies, they get very hot and are'nt anywhere near as comfortable
We bought one in the states as we could'nt get a Raskelf over there (and they are to heavy to take over as luggage) and it was rubbish compared to a Raskelf.

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Blimey! That was a quick flurry of replies :Eeek:, thanks.

I'll have to wait 'til Angie gets home before I order as I'm sure to choose the wrong colour :Doh:

Now which should I buy that allows us to cuddle up? :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes they work

Yes they work... they made ours to a size we wanted with thicker foam and we have one each.

Bob

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about 4 years ago and bought the cheapest item I could use. A pillow. This is fantastic. It has outlasted 20 odd other pillows so in the long run the Raskelf pillow has already paid for itself.

I usually flatten a pillow beyond use after 4 months or so and buy 2 at a time.
At £4 each this is £24 per year on pillows. Over four years that is £96.

I think I paid just under £50 for my raskelf pillow including carriage. I won't be bothering with anymore of the £4 ones and will be getting another Raskelf one.

The Raskelf pillow is still as good as new ::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Blimey! That was a quick flurry of replies :Eeek:, thanks.

I'll have to wait 'til Angie gets home before I order as I'm sure to choose the wrong colour :Doh:

Now which should I buy that allows us to cuddle up? :ROFLMAO:

If you have a fixed bed or make up a double you can place two side by side and they won't move, well ... :Eeek:

Why not wait until you can get to a show, you can try them out and decide for yourself. I think we paid £120 each at Peterborough last year to include the excellent fabric holdall, or a tenner off.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I don't know how to say this, but I don't like them. We stay with in-laws in Kent and believe you me, she doesn't do cheap, but I have a terrible night's sleep every time we are there and I'm sure it's that nasty Raskelf mattress. It is sooooo smooth, no character and I just don't like it. In the MH, we just have a sheet over our U-shaped bed and it's the best night's sleep I ever have. I love the space, the coolness, every button dimple, the lot. You can keep your Raskelfs as far as I'm concerned. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We bought two Douvaly's to cover the made up bed in our Caravan - they did a great job of taking out all the gaps caused by the different cushions making up the bed.

They also stopped us having to make up the bed each day with a matress protector - bottom sheet - quilt and blankets - I now overkill but the OH insisted!

then we got the douvalay's - what a difference. No more faffing about - just unroll and climb in.

However they are bulky, though we did manage to get both under one settee side - just.

Now we use them on top of the French bed - and turn in the overhanging bit ( over the cut off end of the bed) during the day.

this time they just stay there all the time - magic!!!!

Dear - but well worth it!!!

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
We loved our Raskelf enough to get them for the house as well as the motorhome...:Smile:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Some will say you can may them yourself for a fraction of the price.

Maybe, if you have the time to source the base products, can sew large zips, and then have the time to make it up.

30 seconds to roll out, 30 seconds to roll up in a morning.

For me, my sleep patterns and length of sleeps vary from B&B, then hotel, then home, then Raskelf in Motorhome - brilliant and would not be without it.

Getting one for home - now there is an idea to try.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Bed query!

Ha, now I'm in a real quandary:Doh:

We use the rear lounge for the bed and just leave it down because we don't need to put the seating back together as it's just the two of us and we sit at the table most times anyway.

But I was thinking about buying sleeping bags instead of taking the single duvets that we use side by side, on top of an undersheet:RollEyes: then I wondered about the Raskelf ones. However, I know that they are expensive:Doh:

Can anyone tell me if the cushions in the mh should go fabric side down when sleeping? With the flat backing sides up the way it looks as if it would be less "lumpy".

The reason I ask is because I'm sure I saw on the website for Raskelf that they had the backs of the cushions upwards when arranging the bed area and this would be a smoother sleep.

Margaret

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Very, very impressed by my Raskelf mattress - is use it (with a sheet on) inside a sleeping bag and it's wonderfully comfortable.

Bought mine at one of the shows and found that the middle-priced one was the most comfortable for my bodyweight. Worth trying all three (Gold, Silver and Bronze) to see which suits you best.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
In the Caravan we always used to turn the cushions upside down, when we made up the double bed. Mainly to protect the display fabric.

it also means the bed seems flatter.

Though when we made up singles we kept the fabric up as this meant the cushion roll was on the outside and stopped you rolling of the bed!!!

Horses for coures, but I wanted to protect the fabric!

Carreraboy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Bought the silver topper at excel and just had our first week away using it - fantastic, what a difference.

:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
In the Caravan we always used to turn the cushions upside down, when we made up the double bed. Mainly to protect the display fabric.

it also means the bed seems flatter.

Though when we made up singles we kept the fabric up as this meant the cushion roll was on the outside and stopped you rolling of the bed!!!

Horses for coures, but I wanted to protect the fabric!

Thanks for your reply, we did notice recently that after the cushions had been up the way for three nights, one of them looked a bit crinkly after they were put back into place:Doh:

I always put a fleece/throw on them to protect them,plus a sheet, but I suppose over time they could get worn slightly. We sleep across the width of the van, so the singles would only work for one across the back. The length way option is too short for us, which is a shame, but fine for children.

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back