Rapido table ideas please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wizbangs, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Hi All :)

We have a Rapido 891M and like many others find the table just too large. Has anyone changed their table to something smaller or have a suggestion replacement?

Thanks,
    Mary

2. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , I still have in the wardrobe original table, but as it was too cumbersome I made up a swivel leg table arrangement, bits bought from O'Learys.
    Our vehicle has 2 side bench seats , so as you can see from photo's when driving or not in use, it swivels out of the gangway when required it swivels between both side seats ideal for just the 2 of us to eat etc. Table top is 2ft by 2ft.
    Terry:sin:normally but today:rain::rain::rain:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

We have a 786F and the table is huge, yes it folds in 1/2 but its still too big.,. Did ask Rapido but they did not have a solution..

If you find out, let me know..

Dave

5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

we have also gone with a swivel leg table as shown above, but a round one. perfect for 2 or 4 to sit and eat and moves out of the way when not in use

• Like Like x 1
  6. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

We have the folding table with lots of ajustment slides or swivels about in any direction one requires.We tend to use it both open or folded and its no problem.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Had the same problem in my Hymer - huge table!

Removed it in it's entirety including the pillar on which it is mounted. Fitted a Fiamma socket on the floor where the original pillar was fixed, had a table top madebto my measurements by Rainbow Conversions, fitted the Fiamma socket to the bottom of the table and then use their pillar to mount it when needed.

Whilst travelling the table lives on top of the drop down bed and the leg is clipped inside the wardrobe.

When we stop for a cuppa, lunch etc en route it literally takes a couple of minutes to put together. It is very stable in use. In the evening we tend to dismantle it as it gives us a much greater space to lounge in. :Smile:

Mike

• Like Like x 2
  8. maz

maz Funster

Both my previous Burstner and current Hobby had enormous German tables. Ok so they slid around from side to side and up and down - but they were still enormous! Took both of them out and stored them. Use a folding Gopak Contour table as a replacement - lightweight but sturdy, comes in a range of sizes and finishes, has a leg at each corner with no cross-braces to get in the way. When not in use it folds flat and I store it in the cab.

http://www.gopak.co.uk/products/folding-tables/contour/contour_folding_tables/

• Like Like x 2
  9. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

Another option might be to convert your existing table to a drop leaf.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Hmmm... A choice of options there to ponder on. Thanks folks. A table top from Rainbow Conversions seems like a possibility and their price is good. Some MH bits and pieces are extortionate. Removing the whole thing and using a folding table is another option of course, though finding one substantial yet small enough is another thing.

11. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

I removed our HUGE Chausson electric table and replaced it with a Rainbow tabletop with Fiamma island leg system.

Lots more room for putting on ski boots now!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Table

Hi

We use a 60cm circular table top (this was on a swing arm) and have mounted it on a Fiamma Tripod that we bought from Johns Cross ages ago. The top is very light weight, the bottom is heavy - it never moves on the road etc.

There is a pic of it on my blog here - it is item 14 on our modification list!

Russell

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

• Like Like x 1