Rapido rear light problem

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by SteveandDenise, Dec 14, 2015.

1. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

The near side rear tail light and n/s roof marker light have gone off both bulbs ok I have looked in the book but can not see a fuse it would seem there is a separate control unit for the side lights not really sure where this is located but would assume that it would self reset after a problem, all other side and marker lights work fine. When I put a 12v feed to the rear of the bulb holder both side and roof light come on it looks like I could have a broken feed to the rear n/s tail light the van is 4 years old any one else had a similar experience
    Fiat Ducato base

2. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

I have had an issue similar to yours, it was due to water ingress at the rear of the light unit on our 7 series Rapido. I seem to recall it took out the number plate light as well. The ingress rotted away one of the connections at the rear of the bulb holder, maybe it will be worth tracing the cables back and periodically testing for power.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

Thanks mickyc number plate lights are ok and all bulb holders look to be good I am thinking it may be further along the chassie possibly a plug or something being a tag its bound to have a join some where

• Like Like x 2
  4. hchris

hchris Funster

Hi Steve
    Not sure how your tow bar is wired maybe some damage to the loom where its been connected.

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  5. Badknee

Badknee Funster

There was a post on here a few days ago with exactly this fault. The problem was a connector under the rear of the MoHo that was open to the elements and water splashed from the rear wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xabia

Xabia Funster

I had a similar problem which was due to a poor Earth on a rear light. Cleaned it up, greased it to protect it for the future, no problems since.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

I hear what you say Mike but the brake filament of the same bulb works fine.I am pretty certain it will be a plug/socket under the van in a very awkward place :)

8. SteveandDenise

SteveandDenise Funster

UPDATE Rear lights now working the fault was a poor connection in a multi pin socket located above the rear axels after all you can expect a bit of corrosion on a four year old vehicle! in the end I took it to Camper UK as it was near impossible to get at on the ground. It still took them three hours up on a ramp to find and re wire/bypass

9. Badknee

Badknee Funster

:xThumb: Glad you got it sorted.

• Like Like x 1