chrisgog

Free Member
Dec 24, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Dethleffs for me. Love the quality build from the germans. We have had a compass, bessecar andchauson but we are now on our second Dethleffs. The germans build them to last

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry to join the party late.. but had to comment re engine size

We currently have an older ( 2007 ) Autotrail Chieftain .. Plated at about 5.25 tonnes and we tow the Smart Car on a trailer.
The engine is a 2.3 ltr jobby..
About the only time it struggles is on steep inclines
We have recently returned from a fairly longish trip which included the Alps and 'parts south' I am happy to report that 2.3 lump was absolutely no problem at all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our Rapido is coming up to two years old and I've lost count of how many times its had to go back to the dealer for repairs!

I should have added that we are still waiting for Rapido to make up their minds whether the broken skylight can be repaired (for the second time) under warranty, over a months wait so far. It would seem their warranty department is kept busy, I wonder why?

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
We have a 2010 Comanche (lovely fixed rear bed you can walk round!) with the 3l engine and in the main we're pleased with our choice and the van is pretty good. We have had issues with a leaking rooflight and daft sized screws in hinges etc but these have been put right under warranty without problems. We would consider another AT if we wanted to change which we don't!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back