Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Guys
does anyone know if a rapidos headlights can be adjusted so that the beam can be moved to the left? im picking up a rapido LHD and i need the headlights to adjust to the left

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
image.jpeg
Here you go
Jack front end up, remove wheels and there is an access cover, remove it and you can get to the little blighters. Or ask the dealer to do it :)

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
you are a diamond mr B, my stress level has gone down , the belgian dealer was not sure if it could be done ,i had a nightmare senario in my head of having to wait 8 months for replace ment lights

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
Don't get stressed, it happens when it happens. Just enjoy your van when the VCA has done with you. Use this forum to get your wording right when you send off your forms :)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I used to be able to do it through the open bonnet. Admittedly it wasn't easy as you couldn't see the screws and neede the use of a mirror and a torch. Eventually I could do it in less than ten minutes.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I used to be able to do it through the open bonnet. Admittedly it wasn't easy as you couldn't see the screws and neede the use of a mirror and a torch. Eventually I could do it in less than ten minutes.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
View attachment 96660 Here you go
Jack front end up, remove wheels and there is an access cover, remove it and you can get to the little blighters. Or ask the dealer to do it :)
I also did ours through the wheel arch covers, just make sure the 2 screws you loosen allow the body of the light to be pulled back about 3mm, then it can be rotated easily. Be careful not to use excessive force because the brackets fixing the whole light assembly to the vehicle body are not that strong and can be easily bent. The plastic retaining fixings for the wheel arch covers are extremely difficult to refit, I eventually used large cable ties with a small hole drilled adjacent to each fixing hole.
So if you can manage to get to them from the bonnet it would save the hassle of the plastic fixings, also if you need to adjust the beams I think you will need a 7mm socket for the adjuster screws. My local friendly Mot garage allowed me to do mine on the ramp.
Good luck
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
once again the forum joining fee looks like a bargain(y) ,thank you for the input , i have a tool for the wheel arch fixings so that route looks a possible ,ill take a look through the bonnet and weigh up which way i think will be easiest:D

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
Unless you've got hands and arms like posh spice, you'll be under the wheel arch like us normal umans;)

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
I'm picking up a new A class in June. Never gave a thought to headlights. We go to France quite a lot. I normally use stickers on my present low profile. Hmmm thinking time Vicwo

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Just to clarify, for your doubters, that was one post for the LHS and another for the RHS.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm picking up a new A class in June. Never gave a thought to headlights. We go to France quite a lot. I normally use stickers on my present low profile. Hmmm thinking time Vicwo
if your going to register it in the UK,you will need a speedo insert from Lockwoods ,change the lights to beam to the left , the fog light needs to be on the right hand side at the rear

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back