Rapido Dealerships (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Does anyone know of any other dealer apart from Brownhills that could look at warranty work on my 66 plate Rapido MH I am based near Derby and Brownhills are struggling to get me in for quite some time as they seem very busy

Thanks

LB

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Highbridge are the best but they'll be even busier.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Funny.

I bought my van new from them and since then they have completely ignored every single attempt I've made to contact them. When I've phoned someone was always going to ring me back and never did, when I've emailed I've never once had a reply.

A couple of very minor warranty issues, easily sorted by Highbridge instead, and even a few occasions where I wanted to spend more money with them.

Nothing. Zip. Nada.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Its the worst time of year to get any work done, as people are getting their vans out of storage and finding whats gone phut while they haven't been using them.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Wokingham Rapido may not be good at answering or returning calls but they are probably more knowledgeable on the Rapido Group than all the other UK Rapido dealers put together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This is the bridge leading onto a sort of forest road, turn sharp right after the bridge or you end up at someones house.

wokingham bridge.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Wokingham Rapido may not be good at answering or returning calls but they are probably more knowledgeable on the Rapido Group than all the other UK Rapido dealers put together.

Not good at answering calls?

I'd describe it more as a complete lack of any kind of after sales service, a company policy of ignoring requests for warranty work in the hope it will go away, basically a lack of any interest whatsoever in everything other than the new vehicle sale.

Right up until about a month after I bought it I would have recommended them to anyone. Now? I'd say avoid them like the plague.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
What about spinnys, not that far from you read lots of positive reports on here and elsewhere about them

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Cheers I have just sent Spinnys an email with all the work I need doing they are closer to me than Brownhills does anyone have any experience of using spinnys for any work

cheers

LB

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Cheers I have just sent Spinnys an email with all the work I need doing they are closer to me than Brownhills does anyone have any experience of using spinnys for any work

cheers

LB
I bought my rapido from them and had a few extras fitted, so far they have been great.
I have one or two issues to be ironed out, Rapido seem to be dragging their heels.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
They've got your money and are too busy prepping new vans and doing chargeable servicing work. I don't expect they are all like this but I wonder if it might be better to hold off on having dealer extras until there are some warranty issues to be sorted then they can make it worthwhile.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I contacted wokingham about some minor repairs and they basically told me they didnt want to know. I was actually going to get some extra bits whilst i was there but I will instead spend my money else where. The issues i had at the time were not even that serious just that they were closer.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Funny.

I bought my van new from them and since then they have completely ignored every single attempt I've made to contact them. When I've phoned someone was always going to ring me back and never did, when I've emailed I've never once had a reply.

A couple of very minor warranty issues, easily sorted by Highbridge instead, and even a few occasions where I wanted to spend more money with them.

Nothing. Zip. Nada.

We were looking to buy a Rapido originally and struggled with contacting them as well. Just gave up in the end and spent my money elsewhere. I wonder how many sales Rapido have lost over the years (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
You could always try decuper in Belgium ,we had no problems having a couple of minor warranty issues fixed there and they have given us free hab checks for not kicking up a fuss ,the savings on the hab checks make the tunnel costs negligible

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year

cheers
We are local to Spinnys Holmes Chapel and we purchased and have all our services done there on our Auto trail. Reasonable/good (depending on time of year) to get hold of and book into and seem to do a good job. Would recommend if you are struggling to get into your usual provider.

LB

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Not good at answering calls?

I'd describe it more as a complete lack of any kind of after sales service, a company policy of ignoring requests for warranty work in the hope it will go away, basically a lack of any interest whatsoever in everything other than the new vehicle sale.

Right up until about a month after I bought it I would have recommended them to anyone. Now? I'd say avoid them like the plague.

I never bought one off them but could not disagree with what you have said.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back