Rapido 997m owners

Discussion in 'How To' started by stuart light, Sep 25, 2012.

1. stuart light

stuart light Read Only Funster

Hi folks - we have owned a Rapido 997m a-class for about 18 months and would welcome sharing info/views from other owners - I am currently checking tyre pressures on our alloy wheels -am currently running front and rear at 65 psi - any views on this - cheers

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Stuart, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
    We have a few Rapido owners here, I am sure one will be along soon .

3. dewaltman

dewaltman

hi stuart i have a 2006 model 997m i also run mine on 65psi all round very pleased with mine some niggles like central locking failing took to main rapido dealer and was charged about £70 to reset locking about 2 years ago , locking went again 2weeks ago so decided to try local auto electrician who reset it in about 3 minutes no charge , just in case yours should ever go ( assuming you have the same system of course ) mine has control box under drivers seat where there 4 fuses take them out in the following order fuse 1 then 3 then 4 then 2 make sure you replace each one before taking the next fuse out regards

4. stuart light

tire pressure

thanks for reply - still getting used to the site but this is just the sort of info thats invaluable to us all - not had any problems with central locking but great piece of advice - my Rapido has a 3litre engine - what about yours as I find the mpg info confusing as it states how many litres you are using per 100 kms - is yours the same - thanks again

5. dewaltman

dewaltman

Stuart mine is the 2.7 sprint shift doesn't have have mpg computer setting but I have worked out I'm averaging about 23mpg loads of power and great drive

6. stuart light

997m mpg

my 3 litre auto averages about 22mpg which doesnt sound bad for a big engine - it is lovely to drive and fairly effortless with it being an auto

7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Mine is a 999M but similar. I use the tyre pressures recommended by the converters, which is on a sticker cunningly concealed under the fabric trim on the side of the passenger seat. This is 65psi rear and 55psi front. Until I found this I used 65psi all round. The lower pressure at the front improves the ride considerably. :thumb:

8. stuart light

tyre pressure

thanks for info - 55psi on front would seem low as tyres at 65psi all round look low - I will have a look under passenger seat - sneaky eh!