pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Brian,

True, the date of manufacture can be checked on the side wall.....that's one of the checks VOSA cary out when they set up roadside stop and inspection sites, usually when you/we are just of on our trips!!:Sad:

Further information on tyre use and age limit recomendations is available on both the CC and the C&CC w-sites, for downloading, if you are members. The same information is also available from RAC or AA.

Nomadic
why?
there are no regulations in law, only recommendations, regarding tyre age...only condition, speed/load rating and tread depth.

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
RE: waste bin.

in our kontiki i fitted a couple of cupboard shelf support brackets to the sink unit end panel and a further two to the magazine rack using silicone, but araldite would be better/tidier, and hook an old paper shredder basket on them.

Spent part of today trying to work out where we could hang a bin, or a bin look-alike, but Rapido have pretty much used up all the available vertical surfaces! I've come to the conclusion that French people eat EVERYTHING - tin cans, plastic wrapping, potato peelings and wine bottles. Either that or they never unwrap or cook anything in their vans. I really cannot believe that anyone can design a 'living space' without making provision for rubbish!! Seems that the only logical way to sort this out in our Rapido is to use the aforementioned coathanger on the wooden partition between the kitchen bit and the bed. Pants, isn't it? Do any of the MH designers spend time on the road in their lovely vehicles before they offer them for sale? :restmycase:

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
we use the small bin in the door for small things & usualy take a strole to the rubbish bins.just a matter of getting into a routine.so the missus tells me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
I'm still amazed at the inability of the designers to work out that a waste bin is kind of ... pretty essential! Had thought of putting a rectangular plastic bin in the top of the wire rack pull-out thing ... easier to find somewhere else to put the pans than to tear our hair out trying to find somewhere to put the bin!!

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
just to let you know. the wire rack thingy gets hot when the heating is on.probably not a good idea to heat up the rubbish:Eeek:

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
just to let you know. the wire rack thingy gets hot when the heating is on.probably not a good idea to heat up the rubbish:Eeek:
Not any more!! OH found the problem; a hose had come off the boiler (?) or some such device; the undersink area is now cool and lovely. We've had Brian in the barn all day, with the heating on, and - trust me on this - the naughty hose seems to have been the problem. Have to agree with you, though: hot rubbish is kind of ... bleaaargh! Still convinced that the French designers eat all their tin cans, bottles, plastic wrapping .... (or are they too cool to buy anything pre-packed?)
Another somewhat bizarre 'lack' is the fact that there's no light in the carousel/undersink bit. Just ordered a couple of 23-bulb LED stick on things from Amazon. Definitely designed by a bloke who never cooks!!! ;-)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi brian the snail.just had pannel off under sink to check heater pipe. yep it had come off. now cooler,cheers:thumb:

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
Hi brian the snail.just had pannel off under sink to check heater pipe. yep it had come off. now cooler,cheers:thumb:
Fantastic! So pleased it worked! ::bigsmile: We had our first trip out in Brian the Snail last weekend, staying at the Pontcanna Caravan Park (aka Mudbath) over Saturday night. Absolutely brilliant (apart from the mud ...) And as for the waste bin, we put a deep plastic food storage tub on the top shelf of the pan rack, and that really worked well. You can put the lid on the tub to keep any whiffs out of the cupboard, and it's in the perfect place to dump bits in when you're cutting up veg or whatever on the sink. I think we might get really posh and put two smaller tubs in the rack, one for dry stuff and one for food waste.

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
Checked the measurements on the rack (Rapido 785) and am currently searching for a plastic, lidded container which is 290mm wide (the max width of the rack) x 257mm (the max height) x around 180/200mm long. The length depends on how much of the rack you want to take up with a waste bin, but 180/200 leaves space for something else. As and when I find something I'll post it on here!

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
cheers.mines full of tins & packets.I just use doorbin for small stuff and take rest to dustbins.Keeps me fit:ROFLMAO: just had van serviced, next week its the habitation. then chatsworth on the 25th march for b,day w,end:beerchug: .cant wait.

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
cheers.mines full of tins & packets.I just use doorbin for small stuff and take rest to dustbins.Keeps me fit:ROFLMAO: just had van serviced, next week its the habitation. then chatsworth on the 25th march for b,day w,end:beerchug: .cant wait.
Happy Birthday!!! ::bigsmile: Ooops ... a bit premature!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back