Free Member
Nov 17, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Has anybody any Knowledge of whether the 2011 Rapido 773FF Dometic Toilet has a working SOG. There is the facility on the toilet unit for a SOG and a pipe leading from it down and below the floor. But does it, should it work.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A SOG has a fan fitted so you'd know if it was working, though there are lots of European variations mostly without a fan, however they need to be attached to hole in your cassette to do any good. Maybe someone had something fitted, and a now there is a different cassette. Thats how ours is, there was a pipe fitted to a small quick release valve in the swivel spout and this to a hole in the door, but I've long changed the cassette and not re-fitted the valve.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Has anybody any Knowledge of whether the 2011 Rapido 773FF Dometic Toilet has a working SOG. There is the facility on the toilet unit for a SOG and a pipe leading from it down and below the floor. But does it, should it work.

As Jim says.... but ours has a pipe that pushes onto the emptying lid of the cassette and goes up to a little chimney type thing sticking out of the roof of the van..

I don't know if there is a fan incorporated in the pipe some where,,, I don't think so,, I think it is just done with smells/odours rising through the pipe..

Works anyway... don't get no nasty niffs.. :thumb:

Just thought,,, I don't know if ours has a fan, but we do get a whirling noise when we flush or open the trap.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If its a SOG

There are three types

SOG 1 the fan is on the door

SOG 11 the fan is a pushfit in the filter fitted in the floor.

The third type via the roof is a inline fan anywhere along the route of the pipe

Post a photo of the cassett

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thefirstbritsbrother

Thefirstbritsbrother

Free Member
Nov 17, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Mel, thanks for your reply please accept photo from the manual the Rapido is at the dealers having a a replacement toilet body fitted!! On my toilet there is a pipe connected to the female connection shown just left of figure 8. I can not hear a fan running when in use but there is a lack of smell. The cassette only has a cap and not a measuring cup not sure if that is an indication.

Graham

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 18

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Ok thats where the SOG should be.

Now on my Toilet also Rapido with Dometic

The SOG only works when the pump is switched on{ this is not the same on all Motorhomes}
Where does this pipe conect too ?

The best way to test your fan is open the valve in the toilet {the slide out}with the pump on.
Use a Incense stick light the stick and hold it in the toilet bowl if its working the smoke will go in the toilet not up in the air.

If you have no smell from the toilet it must be working.

Also if its a SOG where the pipe goes in it should be a black pipe going int a green adapter that has replaced the air valve in the cassett.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Thefirstbritsbrother

Thefirstbritsbrother

Free Member
Nov 17, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
When I get the M/H back from repair? I will check the points you have made, from memory the pipe leading from the cassette connection is clear but I will check, also will do the smoke test.
I was a non subscribing member for some years but lost my password and couldn't seem to get back on so rejoined a few days ago. As a result of your help and other members posts I have now subscribed this morning.
Thanks for your help and welcome.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back