Rapido 7099+ shower issue.... (1 Viewer)

Weebmitch

Free Member
Jun 10, 2016
Tiverton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 7099+
Exp
1 year
Hi everyone - new here :)
I have a question about the shower drainage:

Lifted the wooden shower floor thingy and the rubber shower mat to clean the actual cubicle floor and the water wouldn't drain, so I removed the little round drainage cover only to find a plastic cup type thing attached to it - this would mean that no water would go down the pipes into the waste water tank, and I presume the rubber mat was soaking up all shower water....
My problem is, when I cleaned the shower floor, none of the water drained away - I tried a plunger and having the water outlet open outside and a slow trickle did eventually come out and the water eventually drained - but not all of it - the water level in the shower cubicle was visible just below the level of the hole.
1. Should the plastic cup be on the drainage cover at all?
2. Could it be a blockage in the pipes somewhere, and if so, how come? because water presumably had not gone down the hole before, due to the plastic cup...
We had a blockage in our sink a while back but managed to clear it with a plunger.
In the manual it says to clean and clear the air trap under the sink occasionally - what does that look like?....

Thanks for any help

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The sink waste has two outlets. One to the waste tank and the other is just a short piece of pipe and a 90 bend. I imagine this is what they mean by an air trap. The pipework will just pull out for cleaning.
As for draining make sure the van is level.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Pictures always help. You can also turn the cap on the bottom of the trap to remove for cleaning
CA_10221412180888-X2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back