Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hello

Can anyone advise me about this model of rapido, and rapido in general, my friend is looking at at CI Cariaco 694 2009 model. I have advised him that he would be better looking at an european, not many in his price range of under £30,000. But i have found a rapido 7098F model than meets his requirements, but on speaking to the owner has done all his own servicing and has had no habitation checks done.

If we are serious about the vehicle, does anyone know of what to look for, and if they know anyone in the Sheffield area who would do a predamp and habitation check for us.

Many thanks

Pat

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Pat..
Go on the NCC. National caravan council website.. List of approved mobile technicians there... Should be no issue to arrange, pay over phone with a card and get them to do a full hab check and send you the report..
Maybe agree with seller that they empty van ready and if all ok they pay 50% towards the cost as it helps them with the sale...

http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/

On the right hand search section you can select "mobile"...
ie..
4 Seasons Caravan Services
25 Hopefield Avenue Sheffield South Yorkshire S12 4XA
Telephone: 0114 2643018
Approved for: Touring and Motorhome Workshop Type: Mobile
Member Number: 1180

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Thanks a lot for that Steve,

anyone else got any thoughts on the subject.

many thanks

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This is our experience, we had a private hab Check done 3 months after having damp problems 'fixed'under warranty.
They didn't find the damp that I knew was there.
I had to point to a spot and say Please check there.
He did and found 75% damp.
He said he's not allowed to probe in certain places' ie in the open' with his pronged damp meter.
This could have led to me buying a damp motorhome if I had used him in the future.
So no guarantees there.

Definitely not the one mentioned above.
Long story how this came to be about.

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi Pat
You don't say what year the Rapido is?
Personally I would not worry about a hab history. Mine was full of paid for history and worthless as everything was just ticked off with no comments made about the crap that I discovered myself. I can say that they are not prone to damp other than winter condensation in use. I would definately check the roof with whatever van as this is a good sign of whether it's been looked after.
I love my Rapido as I almost know it inside out now :roflmto:

P.S. I do all my own servicing too

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Hi Pat
As past owners of both a Rapido and a Carioca (although not the models you are asking about) I would go for a Rapido everytime. We may have been lucky/unlucky with our Rapido/Carioca but I wouldnt buy a Carioca without doing the damp check myself, also the build quality of the Rapido in my opinion was far superior to the Carioca.
If I wasnt in love with your old Laika (and there werent any Hymers about!) I would have another Rapido over a Carioca.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
looks tidy
The only thing that would put me off is the remap to 160 bhp
Broken Link Removed

Also the SOG in the small cassette door was completely unecessary as there is room adjacent to the door to have fitted it just like on mine

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would also check the security and mounting of that 1 metre sat dish :thumb:

volkymat

Free Member
Mar 24, 2014
SOUTH YORKSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Hello Pat, it is Mat who owns the Rapido in question. I'am willing to have a hab check done at my expense, so feel free to call me. Also regarding the other posts: The remapp is fine and done by a company called Boosters who specialize in commercial remap. The remapp i have had done is for economy and it now returns an extra 4 miles to the gallon which means over a 4000 mile trip to Portugal i save £100 in fuel. This was done over 4 years ago and there are no problems. The engine you should not remapp is the 3.0L.
As regards the sog, the door is the only place it can go on this van, other vans will differ as the gentlemen with the earlier post has a different van which has room elsewhere for the filter element. As for the dish mounting plate, it is fine and as normal you do not put the dish up in high winds which is the only thing that will cause problems. I have the original 68cm dish, so it can be returned back to standard if you prefer. Anyway i would like to thank everybody for their posts and these forums are a great place to air your concerns. I will not be offended by any posts so feel free to make comments, thanks Mat

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
What a lovely looking van :thumb:

I'm quite tempted myself, although I think that it might break my under 6 metre limitation :ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Thanks a lot for that Steve,

anyone else got any thoughts on the subject.

many thanks

Pat

I would not buy anything that has such a poor service record, unless it pass's the hab test with flying colours PLUS is very cheap, remember at some piont you will have to sell it, either to the tade in a trade in or to a private buyer, with a por history it will be hard to move on, so it need to come cheap

nothing beats a full or good history for selling,

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi Pat
You don't say what year the Rapido is?
Personally I would not worry about a hab history. Mine was full of paid for history and worthless as everything was just ticked off with no comments made about the crap that I discovered myself. I can say that they are not prone to damp other than winter condensation in use. I would definately check the roof with whatever van as this is a good sign of whether it's been looked after.
I love my Rapido as I almost know it inside out now :roflmto:

P.S. I do all my own servicing too

do you keep reciepts of parts bought for servicing? and record when its done?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Pretty much as I buy everything by paypal as and when. However I have no intention of selling it for many years by which time it will be sold on face value

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
having re read this thread and looked at the eBay advert, the van HAS got full vehicle service history its only the hab side that the owner has done, which is a different kettle of fish to what I originally gleaned for the post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back