Rapido 7065 anyone got one

Discussion in 'Rapido' started by Lanerboy, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

Hi All

Take delivery of our new Rapido 7065 on Sept 1st just wondered if anyone has got this model and what you think of it good and bad

cheers LB

2. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Bit late to ask isn't it :) Good luck hope you enjoy many happy trips.

3. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

Hi I wasn't asking regarding whether I should or should not buy one as like you say its a bit late now :LOL: what i meant was if you have got one are you happy with it anything I should look out for and what issues you have had f any

cheers LB

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. mick noe

mick noe Funster

We have a rapido not the same model (7097f 2007) the build quality and stylish design has impressed us. We would not hesitate to buy a new one if build quality is still the same. (y)

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. Smith and Sharp

Smith and Sharp Funster

We have a ten year old one (995m) and third owner and everything works as it should and still looks like new.....(y)

6. Kevan

Kevan Funster Life Member

How are you getting on with 7065ff, mines now 3 years old, but have not seen anything i prefer better.

7. Vanman

Vanman Funster

LB is showing as a 'Read only Funster' even though he only appears to have used 4 of his x5 free ... maybe there's a time limit on them o_O

8. Kevan

Yes i did spot that, just posted in case he was still around(y)

9. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

Hi All

Just signed up so can post again now, yes loving the Rapido been away a few times and even looked at other vehicles but can't find anything I would rather have. We are having E&P self leveling suspension fitted in a couple of weeks so should make things even better
    Cheers LB

• Like it Like it x 3
  10. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

great choice lanerboy ,we bought a 9000dfh last year and had the E and P jacks fitted ,i wanted push button camping and thats what i got ,being an ex tugger i have had my share of muddy and wet knees winding down the steadys ,as for the Rapido im off to the dealer next month to have its first check ,in one year the only thing ive got is a couple of minor faults ,on the whole id buy another one tomorrow .We also had the electric awning fitted,Oyster sat and eddie van bitz alarm system ,theres nothing that i would change ,im planning on adding a spare wheel carrier ,refillable gas ,a sog toilet fan and more batteries perhaps

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

Hi
    How do you find your camper when your rams are down and the vehicle is level do you get any wobble when your inside it as this is a bug bear of mine we were in Weymouth last week and i had to move at 4am as the wind was rocking us so bad but it was that sorm Dorris but never slept a wink and I am hoping the ep system will sort this issue out

12. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

The jacks help a lot ,i was in Scotland last september and the wind was very high ,i tried it with the rams down and up there was a definate difference ,you could still feel the van rocking but it was a lot better ,i put the rams down just enough to lift the tyres slightly and it was better

13. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

Hi Kevan
    How do you find your Rapido when pitched up do you find it a bit wobbly especially at the rear end when moving around this is the only thing I dont like about our 7065 but I am having E&P self levelling fitted in a couple of weeks so hopefully this will cure this issue

Is yours on 15 or 16 inch wheels mine came on 15 inch but I bought a set of genuine 16 inch fiat alloys and it drives a lot better now

LB

14. Kevan

I have never noticed any problems when parked up, but i have had AS air suspension fitted from new, and drives perfect, does make the motor home less likely to roll, the 7065ff design comes on the light ALKO chassis so on 15" wheels, never bothered to change them, but have up rated to 3850, because of weight, tow bar, sat system, two 11kg gaslow bottles, 3 130 amp batteries, three 100 watt solar panels, etc, would have self level system but don't tend to keep them to long, am 70 this year so need to have a think. whats next.;)

15. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

I am going to weigh my Rapido next Sat after having self levelling fitted so next thing may be a chassis weight updrade (n)

16. goneoff

goneoff Funster

Can you put 16" wheels on a chassis and running gear designed for 15"? Does the odometer work as it should? The reason I'm asking is I would do the same with mine if there were no serious issues.

17. Lanerboy

Lanerboy Funster

I fitted 16 inch wheels on mine and I would say the speedo is more accurate now than it was with 15 inch wheels, I did a comparison with my gps and it was 1mph out at 65mph compared to the gps so thats good enough for me

I remember doing 60 mph with the 15 inch wheels on and didnt seem to be going any quicker than the lorries which are limited to 56mph

If you want some 16 inch wheels let me know and I will send you the link where I got mine from £1100 with Michelin camper tyres and wheels done less than 10 miles off new vehicles from Germany