Rapido 640

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Richard and Janet Mason, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Richard and Janet Mason

Richard and Janet Mason Funster

Hi, thinking if getting a 2014 640 but see in review it has but 1 socket inside? We didnt check when we went to Brownhills so does anyone know if this is true? Seems odd to only hace 1 socket inside a "luxury" MH.

Also anyone who owns one of these...any feedback good or bad would be very much appreciated.

Thank you:)

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

If you mean mains sockets? it would be very unlikely not to be one at the kitchen area and one behind the TV point at least

3. Richard and Janet Mason

In the MMM review 2014 one of the 2 negs was that there is "only 1 mains socket". Seems bizarre but I have to charge all my tech up!

4. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Can't speak for Rapido but our Autotrail has a mains socket in the lounge area. Kitchen (one high for micro wave fitting and one near the work surface and one in the bedroom area

Makers now know that 240v supply's are important so as the van you are looking at is 2014 I would be surprised if there was not more than one

Ps. Welcome to the fun

5. Gcs

Gcs Funster

Just picked our new 2016 model 640 up last weekend and I can confirm there's only 1 230v socket, which is at the side of the hob, along with a twin usb socket.
    there's a 12v cigarette socket underneath the locker above the bed and one in the tv cupboard.
    mines in for a sat dish fitting next week, so going to have an extra socket or 2 put in.
    as for positive or negative feedback, only had a couple of 1 nighters so far, but all seems good, really pleased with it

6. Richard and Janet Mason

Thanks for reply:) Seems strange but I guess I can charge tech using USB and 12v sockets. You'd thing for £49k they could add a couple of extra sockets!

Cheers. Rick.

7. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

We have a 2014 9090 and it has one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. Not sure if there's one behind the TV or not as ours is 12V so I've never looked.

Doesn't particularly bother me as we're rarely on EHU to use them. When I fitted my inverter I installed 2 more sockets, same type to match the factory fitted ones, so we have them if we need them when not on EHU. Barely used them either. 95% of our tech charging for all three of us is done via the USB point in the bedroom.

I got the sockets from here: http://www.abcomponents.co.uk/product-category/berker-sockets-and-switches/ Very helpful company.

8. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

We have a 966m and it only has 2 sockets, I should ask your dealer to fit a couple more, free of charge I should think. I hope you are pleased with your Rapido we have had ours for 7 years and although not completely problem free would certainly buy another.

Spongy

9. Techno

My 7090 has 10 :LOL: and they all work whether on hook up or not ;)

• Like Like x 8
  10. Richard and Janet Mason

Nice but uve paid £20k more for them:)

11. Techno

No I bought second hand and fitted them myself

12. Richard and Janet Mason

Fair play. I will see how we get on with the USBs and 12v combination...I suspect it will be fine.

13. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Or...as we do. A multi plug extension lead, either velcro'd or screwed to wall in a convenient place

• Like Like x 1
  14. Richard and Janet Mason

Thats what I did in y folding camper but TBH for £49k I would expect better!

15. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

Is it because our continent cousins aren't as wedded to the electric string we call an EHU?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Teuchter

Teuchter Funster

Snap!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. AlanHogg

AlanHogg Funster

It's worth having a good look around inside! Rapido have a habit of hiding them in the oddest of places.... We have a 990 and in addition to the one in the kitchen, there are 3 others. One in the cupboard adjacent to the kitchen, one on the floor in the bedroom tucked in away in the corner and a cheeky little one tucked right up under the basin in the loo! ( It took us 9 months to find that one!). I'm now in the process of fitting an inverter an will add a couple of additional ones at the same time.

18. Speve

Speve Funster

You could always take Multi gang extension lead to give you extra points?

19. wingman

wingman Funster

Apart from the prices, that's one of the things that put me off some of the more expensive vans. I've got 4 mains sockets and one 12v as standard. You would think that the extra money would buy you something more functional than bling.

20. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

My 999M has only 4 sockets as standard. One in the kitchen, one in the TV cupboard, one in the top of the wardrobe, and one over the fridge/freezer for the microwave. I have added five more, as with Techno, these work on or off hookup.

• Like Like x 1