Rapido 2015 8 Series - Do you have a dash handbrake light?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by clanjones, Aug 16, 2016.

1. clanjones

clanjones Funster

Hi,

Spent today getting some bits and bobs sorted out on the above van, Fiat Ducato base chassis and my question is does anyone have a dash handbrake warning light on a series 8 motorhome? We have an 881F. I.e. does a light come on the dash when the hand brake is engaged?

The only reason I ask is that we don't and before going back to the dealer thought it would be worthwhile getting a view. The capability exists it doesn't appear to have been set up during manufacture.

Thanks in advance

2. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

I'm sure if it has a ducato base it should

3. laneside

laneside Funster

All the ones I have had were ftted with one and a bleeper if hand brake is not put right down. Outof interest does anyone ever look at it or for it?

4. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

That's a base vehicle thing, not a converter thing so the make and model of the motorhome doesn't matter.

All Ducatos I've ever seen have a light and a warning beep so if neither is working on yours it suggests something isn't quite right.

5. clanjones

clanjones Funster

Yep Fiat confirmed the capability is there but that the converter wiring hadn't enabled it and the switch was damaged! I bet this gets interesting! It was also suggested but only suggested, it could be an MOT fail!

I'll keep you posted but I suspect this may take some time!

6. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

When we picked up our van (secondhand) the handbrake light didn't work, one of the many items missed by the dealer :mad: the switch on the handbrake lever just needed a little adjustment, you could take a look at that first ?

7. clanjones

clanjones Funster

Fiat seemed to imply that the microswitch was damaged and had been done so by the converter. This will be fun!