Rant-MH hire companies

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by gordoncbrown, Jul 26, 2013.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

I'm sure some of them are better than others but we have just been pitched next to a hire Moho. They arrived after 23:30 with the lady finding the pitch then shouting to her partner where it was. Not the best of starts. Then in the morning he asks what to do about emptying the toilet cassette, so I instruct him. When he comes back I am busy doing my bits getting ready for the off. My good lady informs me that his wife took the cassette to the fresh water tap and proceeded to wash it. There's no drain there.......... When I hired canal boats the company went over a lot of do's and dont's. there was also a few checklists and instruction sheets. Surely some basics could be written up for those that hire a motorhome. These folks had never been given any instruction at all they said. Hope they enjoy their holiday but come on hire companies. Instruct them so they can get the most out of their hire........

2. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Hope you took the name of the hire company and complained to them... That's all we need, cassettes at the fresh water tap!

Catherine

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

You can't help but laugh ..........

[ame]http://youtu.be/Nmokg9N7zO0[/ame]

:france::france::france:

• Like Like x 3
  4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

We always gave up to 2 hours tuition (until they felt comfortable rather than a time limit) along with an idiots guide which was simple, step by step instructions with pictures in every van, and they also had 24hour support line to call (which was either me or the other half!)

I did see so many others starting up without a clue what they were doing - so it doesn't really surprise me!

Many of the big names seem not to care a hoot either - I quite often shook my head at the way they done things.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hire Companies

Many years ago when I was a callow youth :Wink:My friends and I hired a volkswagen camper for a trip to yugoslavia It took us at least a week to figure out that the windscreen washers/wipers were recharged from the spare wheel on the front of the van they worked on air pressure via a small reservoir on the floor how quaint:RollEyes: this van was returned to the company and within 1/2 hour was on its way to Spain with another load of callow youths after having had a quick wash obviously no time for instructions and no crib sheets it seems nothing much has changed except motorhomes have become more complex :Eeek:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

I have assisted many hirers at festivals. The companies,not all I hasten to add,can make a quick buck at festival time.

7. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

this is why I only drink bottled water,

only the factory peoples can pee in it:Doh:

8. peter marshall

peter marshall

I think it's a put up job, why film it in the first place and the dirty B***H put the cap in the hand basin, also she's not even pressing the air button on the cassette.

£250 from youv been framed comes to mind.

9. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

One site I worked on someone actually emptied their cassette loo in the grey waste drain, I had to clean it all out of the fat trap txxxs and all. Don't we just love some people.