Random TV point in the 745se?

Discussion in 'Bailey Motorhomes' started by Ron & Gerri, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

Hi there. Hoping someone out there with a 745 se might be able to throw some light on this! We are taking delivery on our 'new to us' Bailey this Friday. We noticed when looking it over that it has a TV and aerial point on the near side wall of the hab, above the foot of the fixed bed, at the end of the lockers. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to actually put a TV! Now, having been a member for a couple of days now, I realise that my question may elicit a few amusing answers, but may I ask, where do you put yours? ;):angel:

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I think the answer may be as simple as, you need to fit a bracket to the wall near the socket

my question to the supplying dealer may be that 'you appear to have forgotten to fit the TV bracket by the socket in the bedroom' and see what they say

don't get your hopes up but you never know (y)

I presume there is another TV point somewhere else already?

3. phase3begins

phase3begins Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wicketter

Wicketter Funster

We had ours on the little worktop just inside the door, hubby put some foam in the cupboard and that's where we carried the tv. We also fixed a wall bracket on the wall at the foot of the bed, worked perfectly from both angles.

5. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

The Autograph models have 2 tv positions, and a bracket is supplied by Bailey for the bedroom.

6. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! We had thought about mounting a bracket on the end wall at the foot of the bed, but could not see how this would be possible given that you would have to remove the microwave (or fridge, depending on height) in order to fix a supporting brace behind the panel. Our Avtex TV is pretty heavy and I'm not sure you could simply screw the bracket straight on to the panel. o_O

7. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I would be asking the dealer to fit one, unless you have bought privately of course :D

8. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

Hi there! Can I ask how you fitted the bracket, and exactly where? Is it as high as the microwave, or at fridge height? We were worried that the panel by the microwave wouldn't take the weight of the TV!