Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our insurance only covers the small subscriber group (less that 1000) rather than the 14,000 people who have registered on this site. Anyone attending any rally or meet with motorhomefun must be a subscriber or it this will invalidate our insurance. Thanks

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Okay Jim heres the question

I am a subscriber, but Tony and Robert are not, are they covered as they are part of my family or do they have to have separate subscriptions?

I only ask as your thread says "anyone ... attending....must be a subscriber" which refers to an individual as opposed to a family group and I dont want to get you into trouble with the insurance xxxxxxxxxx

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Per motorhome, one of the party must be a subscriber :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Slighly off topic but on the same subject:

Re non subscribers Jim

what parts of the forum are they excluded from, or conversely, what are they getting for free ?

For it seems to me we have a lot of readers and visitors who contribute nothing.

It's fine that they can read and post for a given period so they decide if it's for them or not, .. but why let them read for free indefinitely ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The stats would look a bit mickey mouse if it said 2000 members. Not good for his advert sales .

that makes sense Brian . .. hence my first question, what exactly do they get for free..

on Facts, non subscribers are severely limited, no searching, no links, no databases, no downloads etc.. is it the same here ?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim,

Non subscribers cannot post, search, or see attachments, they get lots of nag screens, they see more adds. they pay to sell in classified, they are not allowed to rally, they cannot access the downloads, and a host off other odds and sods like that.

They help the site by being here because that helps advertising also, many people join after being a read only funster for ages, so to exclude them entirely might lose us members.

I don't mind them being there, some have looked in every day for years just consuming and not contributing, I don't think its because they are tight wads:Smile: because they do exactly the same on free forums too.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim,

Non subscribers cannot post, search, or see attachments, they get lots of nag screens, they see more adds. they pay to sell in classified, they are not allowed to rally, they cannot access the downloads, and a host off other odds and sods like that.

They help the site by being here because that helps advertising also, many people join after being a read only funster for ages, so to exclude them entirely might lose us members.

I don't mind them being there, some have looked in every day for years just consuming and not contributing, I don't think its because they are tight wads:Smile: because they do exactly the same on free forums too.

Thanks for clarifying Jim :thumb:

.. I'll sleep easier now :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Jim,

This is clearly against their human rights. Discrimination on a terrible scale. Denying people their human rights to a foot on the forum ladder. The poor, the pensioners they need a voice, they do have something valuable to say, when will they be heard ?

SlobberBotherMan - it's you duty to take Jim to The Hague.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.