Rally- Ilfracombe Victorian Celebrations 11-16th June (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
This year we will be holding a Rally to coincide with the June Victorian Celebrations.
Link Removed
The rally will be at Wildmans Lair, sorry smallholding on the Outskirts of Ilfracombe, bus services within walking distance will take you into Ilfracombe for the Parade and other attractions or there is a park and Ride At the Swimming pool car park. Whilst the rally exemption certificate only covers 5 days if our CFL license is granted by then some lucky people will be able to book the extra days. The cost is a measly £25 per van for the five days. (pay on arrival) There is water, waste dump, and rubbish bin on site but NO electric. We also have a large Marquee for evening entertainment. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads as adjacent fields will have cattle, sheep and lambs in them. Directions to the rally will be posted to individuals via email closer to the time(make sure you PM me your email address). But for now you can view the area on google maps by looking up EX348NZ.
please reply to this thread to be added to the list.
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

attendees:-
Wildman - Roger and Sue
Ksebruce - Ken and Steph
Please reply to the thread to be added to the list.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Cancelled

It would appear I am expected NOT to charge for a RALLY on my property so this event is cancelled, selective invites will be made instead of open house. sorry people. The winner of the Christmas Charity auction Will still have a parking spot and facilities for the Whole of the Victorian Celebrations.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I don't understand what is going on. A fiver a night seems like a great deal to me. Not many places left at that price. £5 a night will just about cover costs for the owner I would have thought. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Roger what if someone else holds the rally at your place then they could charge worth a thought.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have no idea how Jim's mind works so can't comment Gerry sorry. As already said £5 a night is cheap parking, who gets the money or what its for is nobody elses business. I feel discriminated against meerly because I own the land. Anyone else can arrange a rally and advertise it on here as its seen to benefit Funsters, Well I'm a Funster, well at least I was last time I checked. I have just spent £1000 on a marquee and fencing so funsters can come and visit am I really being unreasonable.
I put as much effort into arranging the Carmarthen and shepton meets, is that wrong as well. Is my Marquee not of use to shepton funsters, sorry guys and gals I am confused and upset to say the least.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well that has to be a record, no sooner posted then cancelled all in a day:Doh:

Have I missed something re fee's?:whatthe:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Roger I do not understand why you are not allowed to charge. 25pounds for 5 days would not in my opinion be anything other than cheap parking.I would think you would be doing this meet and be out of pocket anyway and I would expect to pay for the use of the land in some small way I am puzzled?

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
i would have no prob in paying 25 quid for 5 days camping cheap as chips, oh i have just realised its not 25 quid per person its 25 quid per van, WHEY HAY RESULT

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am not discriminating against Wildman. It seems Roger wants to run the rallies as a money making concern, and I am just not happy about that. It is not why I worked at getting our exemption, the aim is to rally freely. If someone else is running a rally and using Rogers or any other persons land, and there is a charge to be paid, then chipping in to pay a reasonable fee to 'landowner' seems fine. But to have roger heavily/freely promoting "official" rallies at £25 a pop just does not sit well with me, it makes it a private enterprise and any campsite could ask to freely promote paying rallies on their campsite and where does it end.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
All the Funsters' meets I have attended so far have been free and indeed some were less than free... let me explain... they were "rallies" attached to motorhome shows and as a Funster I paid less than I would have done as an ordinary camper in the general camping field.

At these rallies, as well as the brilliant fun enjoyed with other Funsters, I was able to visit the trade stands and attend the evening entertainment if I wanted. I think the costs last summer were around £30 for these events...

I would not pay £25 for a "Funsters" meet on it's own...

Of course many Funsters only ever visit campsites so £5 a night to park is acceptable but I am used to £0 a night...:ROFLMAO:

JJ

When Funsters visit Quinta Majay they are not charged anything... I am delighted to see them...:thumb:

JJ

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You are trying to make this personal Roger and it is not. I have never allowed campsite owners to promote their own rallies. Other funsters have arranged rallies at Cumcuttan, the owner has not. I am surprised you cannot see the difference. Nor understand my position. The clue to the solution is in my previous post Roger. :Doh:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Roger read this thread a couple of times and thought it a excellent idea and a good location and then could not understand why could not go ahead, but now I think Jim has given you a clue how to do it, should not be a problem to get it sorted. Good Luck, should be a good meet.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
This is all about interpretation of rules and regulations, I fully understand the non profit part of the license, however that applies to motorhome fun and not the landowner who can charge what he sees as a fair and reasonable payment be that per van, per person or for the lease of the land for a particular time. Motorhome fun does not Benefit from those Fees and the situation is therefore within the rules of the exemption certificate.
The funsters would benefit from cheap parking and other benefits in a wonderful location and as always great company.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Sorry to hear that Roger I was going to say could you book me provisionaly but hey ho as for you charging £25 of those quid things I wish I could get a deal like that more often.
Of course you don't pay rates in Devon or have the poop tank emptied...are you a registered charity by the way......if so I am quite a needy subject.....can I come and stay free I am quite prepared to give you a drink for the favour say £25.

All the best Rog

Rick.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Why not just avoid the problem and get another funster to organise the rally and collect the fees, they can then pay you for the use of your land and everyone's happy.:Smile:::bigsmile::Smile:::bigsmile:

I'm not volunteering though, although we'd like to come, I'm not sure yet whether we can.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Why not just avoid the problem and get another funster to organise the rally and collect the fees, they can then pay you for the use of your land and everyone's happy.:Smile:::bigsmile::Smile:::bigsmile:

I'm not volunteering though, although we'd like to come, I'm not sure yet whether we can.

assuming that does avoid the problem and Jim has no problem with it any volunteers? and likewise for the August meet.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
This Funsters meet will still take place and I will be the marshal. Anyone wanting to attend please respond on this thread. Any questions ask away::bigsmile:

Lesley

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
LesleyJean, climbed out of her glass and started the new thread please ignore this one. Thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back