Rally at Chester Food & Drink Festival. 21st to 25th April. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Great news Kath looking forward to it should be a good one.

Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller
10ll
Movan (Joy)
Linrick
drago35uk

Taran_Las

Champers<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carol please add us to your list wahooo... we will arrive Thursday may be a little late..

Missed them this evening, but will tel tomorrow to book , I have also downloaded the form but would like to know what time last entry is

John n Kath

Will check and let you know Kath.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Probably working on the 22nd, if not then the 23rd. Tamworth. So I can't get there before Saturday...at the earliest :Sad:

Once I know what's going on, if it's not too late, I'll see what my options are.

Hope your options let you make it I know one lady who would love to see you :Smile:

link www.chesterfoodanddrink.com

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Carol - although they allow dogs, is there a restriction about taking them into the show ?:Smile:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Dick, dogs are welcome and there are some wonderful walk along the river bank which would be OK for dogs and is wheelchair friendly, just a 5 min walk from the site. this is what they say about dogs at the show.

Their quote.
Can I Bring my dog? Dogs are allowed on site, but not in the Food, Drink and Lifestyle Festival, children’s rides area or Beer Fest. All dogs must be kept on a lead and you must clear up all fouling.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just wondering in anyone coming to Chester who has a Fun Flag to put up our little meet is steadily growing and we could do with a FUN flag flying.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just wondering in anyone coming to Chester who has a Fun Flag to put up our little meet is steadily growing and we could do with a FUN flag flying.

We will be flying the fun flag :thumb::thumb::thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Sorted our sites for after the show Carol & our booking form is going into the post in the morning ::bigsmile:

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
Morning ....OOPS Carol this is Champers (Kath)forgot I was on hubbys puter
Now paid via card over the phone and the form now posted
I did ask about the last entry on thurs.... the lady did say no entry before 5pm and last entry is 11pm didnt know if there was anywhere to hold over if the gate closed
Fri morn entry 8-9am ..

The lady didnt seem to know any information , asked when will the tickets arrive ...no tickets they leave your name at the gate....then I mentioned before she hung up ..Shouldnt she take my name then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Ok just wondering, only now taken note of the dates, the festival is still running on the Monday ( I had assumed the 25th was the sunhday but it is on the monday) does this mean that you can stay till tuesday morn if you wanted to ?

Kath

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Kath, I will clarify the times as soon as I can get through to Rachel, I am arriving 9am on the Thursday morning, for any one who wants to come on the Wednesday you can stay on the Roudee Car Park which is just across the road from the Race course it is like a aire and it is £1.50 overnight and standard parking charges in the day you can also stay there if you wish overnight when the Festival has finished the camping is Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun the 4 nights but it states the festival is 23rd to 25th so the festival is still on the Monday so will find out if we can stay there on Monday night will be let you know later I can not get through on the phone at the moment.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Kath, I will clarify the times as soon as I can get through to Rachel, I am arriving 9am on the Thursday morning, for any one who wants to come on the Wednesday you can stay on the Roudee Car Park which is just across the road from the Race course it is like a aire and it is £1.50 overnight and standard parking charges in the day you can also stay there if you wish overnight when the Festival has finished the camping is Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun the 4 nights but it states the festival is 23rd to 25th so the festival is still on the Monday so will find out if we can stay there on Monday night will be let you know later I can not get through on the phone at the moment.

Thanks Carol just thought the info might help those wanting to stay longer

Kath

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thought it may be worth putting here what is on while we are there

On Thursday about 6pm will get together for Coffee & Cake to introduce out Funsters to one another who have yet to meet.

Friday Night: Roman Themed Party Welcome Party - fancy dress, perfect start to get people introduced to Chester's historical background, roaming with the Roman's of Chester. Also a great opportunity to meet fellow Camperfest attendees!!!

Saturday Night: Sky Lattern Festival - We will be releasing latterns into the sky to light up Chester. (Other light artists to be confirmed).

Sunday: Easter Egg Hunt - A chocolate adventure for your children! Playing small games and finding clues will lead them to their chocolate prizes.
Cook in a Camper - Your chance to show Camperfest your best Campervan meal! With a celebrity judge to confirm 2011's winning camper-chef.

Sunday Evening: Leaving Party - A great way to end your Camperfest experience!
To get tickets at £25 and camp with Motorhome fun you need to have paid and have your name down before 15th April.

As I have mentioned after that if you want to stay Monday usually the Roudee Car Park is open and you can stay in the Motorhome there overnight for £1.50p.

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
You brave things, you! Popular too....

Booking form and cheque sent at the weekend.

As its downhill all the way from here the odds on staying the distance are looking good (Thursday pm to Monday am), but an each way bet would be advisable on that 7 furlong race against Eddie and his electric bike !!!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our updated list.

Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller
10ll
Movan (Joy)
Linrick
drago35uk

Taran_Las

Dellwood

Whatta

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have been in touch with the Organisers today and confirm that the first arrival on Thursday is 5pm and the last is 11pm as the ground will not be ready before then. (Thanks Champers):Smile:

Anyone wishing to arrive at Chester earlier in the day here are a coule of idea's

1) You can park on the Greyhound Park, near the cinima as there is no time limit there, and it is free where as on the side of TK Maxx it is limited to 3 hours and a £90 fine for overstaying. The Greyhound Park is a 2min drive on the correct road for the Race Course.

2) You could park on the Sealand Road Park and ride and get the bus into Chester a 10min bus ride. also on the correct road for the race course.

3) The Roudee car park which is across the road from the race course but then not as easy to get to the race course from there at 5pm in the evening.

These are the best options for parking with a Motorhome.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Jims Motorhome Fun badges.

Jims downloadable Fun Rally badges.

These Motorhome Fun Rally badges could be handy for any one who may not have any other Fun Badges to have on thier dash going into the Festival.
Just a thought only if you choose.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Excellent news, I have been in touch with the Festival and can now confirm that we are allowed to camp on the festival site until Tuesday 10am. Much better and makes it even better value.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Thanks Carol, means I don't have to upsticks early ::bigsmile:

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Chester Rallyl

Hi Carol. Finally found you. Put us on the list please!
We'll arrive Thursday about 6 pm.:Cool:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Easter in Chester.

http://www.chesterfoodanddrink.co.uk/
Easter Weekend.

After contacting the organisers re confirmation of booking, I received an email this morning from the organisers saying all details will be emailed to attendees next week.
We look forward to meeting everyone at the Easter Weekend and will attempt to arrive on Thursday Evening if possible.
Regards
1Oll

Brian and Margaret.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
http://www.chesterfoodanddrink.co.uk/
Easter Weekend.

After contacting the organisers re confirmation of booking, I received an email this morning from the organisers saying all details will be emailed to attendees next week.
We look forward to meeting everyone at the Easter Weekend and will attempt to arrive on Thursday Evening if possible.
Regards
1Oll

Brian and Margaret.

I have been liaising with the organisers and have all our Motorhome Fun Rallyers tallyed up with them, keep a eye on this thread as I will be posting any information on here as I get it. :Smile:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our updated list
Carol & Eddie
Hilldweller
10ll

Movan (Joy)
Linrick
drago35uk

Taran_Las
Dellwood
Whatta

Johnandi

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Carol....I'll be sending off the form in the next day or so.....will be arriving some time on the Saturday and probably heading due south on the Monday.

She might put you on the list when she returns from The Great March Expedition, but I have to say "next day or so" does seem lacking in enthusiasm. I'll put in a good word for you of course, we techies have to stick together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back