Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
I All,

Just wondering if there is any Rallies or Meets in Scotland?

Cheers

Meexi

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Scottish Meets

We thought perhaps Gerry Hughes knew about one that could be organised in Dumfries, but haven't heard anything else. You could PM Gerry and ask him I suppose.

It would be nice to go to one that's not too far away::bigsmile:

We would certainly go along to one:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Oddly enough, we were just chatting, that's Mrs Haggers and me, and thinking that we may holiday in Scotland this year instead of our Jaunt down to South of France. Maybe we were thinking Clachtoll Beach, and or Westerross the finest part of the world ever.
Last year we nipped up to the Mull of kintyre to do the Half Marathon, and then thought maybe we will go and do some Island hopping. I wonder if you have any reccomendations?

We do have too teenagers with us and thought I would introduce them to the world of Orienteering and Mountain climbing walking. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We have decided not to go abroad this year. I want to spend some time in Devon and Cornwall. I've spent a lot of time in Scotland but its always been with work. A trip up there in the mh would be nice and so I'll watch this thread with interest.
Jim
:Smile:

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
This year we are planning a trip to Knoydart to attempt the Munros in the area and also The Fannichs which will mean a stay at Ullapool on the shores of Little Loch Broom.

I always do the drive from Ullapool south to Dundonnell to pass in my opinion Britains finest mountain An Teallach , then follow the road to the coast and the torqouise sea at Gruinard Bay and past Poolewe , then back inland to Kinlochewe and on to Torridon and Shieldaig a lovely part of the World.

Last year I took my 12 year old Son up his first Munros , Ben Lawers and Bheinn Ghlass , we stayed at the C.C. site at Killin an excellent area for walking and sightseeing .

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi

Lorraine and myself had thought about trying to organise a meet near us but sadly Lorraines mum has just passed away after a short illness and she isn't even in the mood for going over the front door never mind doing a meet, we will hopefully try and arrange a small one this year sometime though.

Paul we did the Island hoping over the Outer Hebrides 3 years ago and loved it one of the best places we have ever visited, we started in Barra and went all the way up to Lewis the over to Skye, we wildcamped for 10 out the 12 nights there saw a Golden Eagle and Loads of Dolphins.

So keep an eye out hopefully soon we will try one and Paul try D&G its a lovely place.

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
I have to agree with Gerry The Southern Uplands are well worth a visit and are one of the hidden gems of Britain . I once spent some time at The Grey Mares Tail waterfall near Moffat watching peregrine falcons hurtling down the valley teaching their young how to catch pigeons .

There is an excellent visitor area there where the warden will show you live footage from the nest in the crags high up the valley . :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
The problem with Scotland is it's spread out so much you could spend a month touring to see a good amount of what there is to see, and there would still be more.

We have lived here for some years and still find new places to go. Our corner of Scotland, Dumfries & Galloway is a very quiet area missed by many as they drive up the M74 heading for the places populated by the many tourists that head the same way.

It's other appeal can be that it's closer to the border and many of you can drive it in a day or less. So why not have a meet at Ecclefechan (Cressfield Park) for a weekend, or longer, then you could head off if you wish on longer trips into the highlands or the magnificent coastal beaches.

Cressfield Park have a rally field that I can arrange for us for a few days as a start point for your Scotland experience.

Lets see how many are interested?

I should point out I have no financial interest in Cressfield Park other than it being our home on their residential park.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well Keith we would be interested in tying something in with out holiday. As normal though, we can't commit just yet as we are unsure of our plans. Only thing I know is that Im off the last two weeks in August.

What Islands would you suggest we visit?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Keith if we are off at the time of meet we would come as it would be nice to have a short drive to meet for a change.

Gerry

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The Highland Gathering (see post above) is great. We went last year and loved it. Can't make it this year because of other commitments but to be recommended. One in D&G sounds great. Easy for anyone in Northern England, Southern and Central Scotland to get to.
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back