Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
We met a young Aussie. couple in Alaska while doing our road trip----------------they are about to do the UK part of their trip---------------in the US they hired a little camper -------but apart from a little while in London and Scotland they don't expect to be here too long (not really a good time to be here---apart from X-mas time in London !) We thought a train or bus ticket that gives them unlimited travel would suit them--------I have been on the 'net and don't seem to be able to find a 'simple' ticket--------anybody know whats on offer for tourists here ??? They my even look at a Euro ticket but we imagine them to be so expensive, it may be cheaper to hire/buy a small camper??
Thanks for any advice
Nigel & Pamala

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our eldest (16) is train and bus travel mad.
He goes off with his friend ( shes not my girlfriend :winky:) Helen all over the place , when we arnt away on a weekend.
Getting off and visiting loads of towns and villages in the process .

He uses a Day Rover. This covers a specific area. In his case any where in West Yorkshire .
£5.60 adults . £2.65 kids. You can use unlimited busses or trains for a day.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/prb3f085e093421db9efb81c011cf83f/details.html

Other areas have the same thing too.

Bev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back