LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I don't want to speak out of turn and mean no offence,but sometimes I feel the need to ask awkward questions I'm sure other people must be thinking.
Why does an organisation with 10000 members each paying £10 annual subscription ( which I agree is good value) have to have what is more or less a whip round of its members to buy a few tents?

Are we about to follow the likes of Woolworth and Jessops.

Vlad.:imoutahere:

I don't think there is any speaking out of turn. It's a valid question that I'm sure many woud be thinking...

Obviously Jim has answered, I still think fun keeps its extended family feel about it and you would be quite amazed at how many ralliers don't post on the forum.

We must be one of the few clubs where we don't rally for profit only for fun, we have entertainers that never get paid, organisers that do it for fun and attendees that come for a laugh.
Some would be wise to remember that:Smile:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Happy to donate a Brit Stops 2013 book anytime we're at a show where there's a Funsters' rally.

Steve :Smile:

(Of course keen and eager folks can pre-order now on our website. Free p&p till the end of Feb!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
My apologies Jim I've been misinformed.
Oh and did you realise that when you sent me my FUNSTER sticker some sneaky bugger must have opened the letter.They then planted falsified documentation in the shape of two flyer type cards claiming to be your organisation and boasting a 10000 strong following!.......The cads!

Vlad the apologetic .

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My apologies Jim I've been misinformed.
Oh and did you realise that when you sent me my FUNSTER sticker some sneaky bugger must have opened the letter.They then planted falsified documentation in the shape of two flyer type cards claiming to be your organisation and boasting a 10000 strong following!.......The cads!

Vlad the apologetic .

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Its an old flyer, if you count all members now (see the figure on the front page) its well over 18,000 but only a fraction subscribe. That total number will go down again soon, as every now and again I delete members that have not logged in for 12 months. :thumb:

If we were a Jessops or Woolworths and I was the chief executive we would have disappeared a couple of years ago skint, but as I am the ringleader working mostly for free we're well off and here to stay. :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim, I'm more than happy to throw £20.00 into the pot towards these shelters.

Me too.

£10 per year is no money for what you get.

Even if what you get is constant piss taking about Welsh rugby::bigsmile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Me too.

£10 per year is no money for what you get.

Even if what you get is constant piss taking about Welsh rugby::bigsmile:

Even if what you get is constant piss taking about Chelsea Football Club::bigsmile:

Happy to add to the funds:thumb:
Rob&Jane

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the only problem with raffles is when you win the last item and it just happens that you personally donated it :Doh::Doh::Doh:

will have a scoot about and see what i can find to donate there must be something amongst all my piles of [STRIKE]rubbish[/STRIKE] stuff i have lying around :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We will bring a bottle of something to Chester, might even bake a cake too.:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Well it sounds like a place for me Eileen!! Indeed minding little devils (under the council rules, not parents'ones) having sometimes just 1 month of age difference while a mum has at least a pregnancy between each child and if twins ... they entertain each other and are raised by the same family; so minding those little ones 12 hours/ day, makes me to look for places like yours! Holidays for me must be without children (even if we all agree that men are the most difficult children:winky::roflmto:) . They don't do "Adults only" in France hence my liking to wildcamp!

Hope to be able to come sometime!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

oh yes they do look here

http://campingchateaulacomte.com/

highly recomended as a camp site,

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have a inside/outside thermometer thingy that I will donate to the Funster raffle at Malvern.

That's where it came from!

JJ:Cool:

PS. When do Funsters advise me to tell Frankie about my five grandkids (aged 2-4) that I told my kids we would look after at Malvern so they could have a rest?

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I shouldn't tell her yet, it will be a nice surpise when you arrive and they are there waiting herded into the corner of the field. You know what she's like, she'll say that's too cruel JJ, leaving them there on their own like that, we'd better look after them ...... and will be most pleasantly surprised when you say Oh alright then dear !

:ROFLMAO:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Hue will donate £15 to jim for me to behave and tell no jokes for 8 weeks and if I brake it I will give jim the money out off my wife's purse so come on then what you waiting for

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hue will donate £15 to jim for me to behave and tell no jokes for 8 weeks and if I brake it I will give jim the money out off my wife's purse so come on then what you waiting for

Please do continue to tell your jokes, but..... if they are about sex with large ladies, post them in the belly locker:roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
oh yes they do look here

http://campingchateaulacomte.com/

highly recomended as a camp site,

The owners are English!!!! You would never ever see this kind of thing in France made by French ...just impossible ... they would have very bad reputation and have no one !! But .... you can find campsites, in which there are dangers for children and so the owners say , we inform our clients that their children are under their responsability.... then you can understand that you'll have some peace! Very rare though as even if you have a swimming pool in your garden , it has to be covered! You can be very highly fined if not!! So campsites owners can't ignore the children now!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I shouldn't tell her yet, it will be a nice surpise when you arrive and they are there waiting herded into the corner of the field. You know what she's like, she'll say that's too cruel JJ, leaving them there on their own like that, we'd better look after them ...... and will be most pleasantly surprised when you say Oh alright then dear !

:ROFLMAO:

Errrrr.... NOOOOOOOO! This is what I would say:

Oh darling, I can't reasonably stay between you and your grand children . You see, after a while they will love me sooooo much they will just forget you are their Grady. It would be so unfair for you.
So there, I take a plane back, let's say... the day before they arrive (you'll have plenty of cleaning as usual when you get VIP .... everybody knows about your hard work...:RollEyes: and I am not qualified , as everybody knows by now to clean your dear Hymer yeah right:Doh:)

And then once they are gone , I mean gone , not just about to.....then... we go on with our holidays ! Great plan hey???

But he's got to be Grady first:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie :thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
The owners are English!!!! You would never ever see this kind of thing in France made by French ...just impossible ... they would have very bad reputation and have no one !! But .... you can find campsites, in which there are dangers for children and so the owners say , we inform our clients that their children are under their responsability.... then you can understand that you'll have some peace! Very rare though as even if you have a swimming pool in your garden , it has to be covered! You can be very highly fined if not!! So campsites owners can't ignore the children now!

Sadly though not open till May:whatthe:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Over the next couple of rally seasons we're looking to raise some money to buy another 3 or 4 event shelters. We have two already and with walls they come in at around £220 each. We've also been borrowing a pair kindly loaned to us by Nigel and Pamala (Sundowners). These shelters, spread among our regular rally marshals will be very welcome, especially as they are so portable. (unlike our marquee)

A rally without a central area to gather in for a coffee or a beer, is just not a "fun" rally. It splits up groups as they shelter in individual vans and awnings without an option of gathering collectively. It would be nice if all rallies have some communal shelter if its required.

Of course it's the ralliers that will benefit, so I thought raffles at rallies would be a great way to raise the dosh. So, if you are coming on a rally and have an item that we could raffle off then please do bring it along, it doesn't have to be anything special, might even be a comedy item:Smile: I will try and get some prizes donated by traders too. Of course like anything else on a rally, nothing is compulsory, you've no need to bring or buy anything.

The odd raffle we have done in the past have always been good fun, so if we can raise a few quid at each rally and have a giggle doing so that will be great. :thumb:

If you've not seen the shelters, here are the two we already own, at Shrewsbury last year.

eventshelters_zps209add74.jpg

Is this still happening, is there a raffle at Chester? I did promise to bring a bottle and or cake to raffle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back